Best job you've ever done

Not a driving job but my best job was my first job working on security at a Kwik Save depot. Got away with absolute murder there and had some great laughs.

Drayman , Central London out of Bow , good pay , good hours , good fun.

I did about 18 months with a Belgian firm, good family run business, clean work, good tackle, & plenty of amenities in the yard for us foreign drivers.

Another benefit was the creative pay scheme that meant we paid minimal tax :smiley: Couldn’t fault them, ended up leaving at the wife’s (now ex-wife) insistence :cry:

Current position ,4 on 4 off, got sfa for Xmas but haven’t seen or heard from management for months , last time was Sept when I was told to use up my vacation so I booked 2 tours = 20 days over Christmas . Wife always gets excited with the pay slips so despite the inclement weather it’s a win win situation :smiley:
Only down side being my brilliant planner based in Toronto is leaving on the 24th to become a fighter pilot in the RCAF , I doff my cap.

One thing I’ve learnt, the best jobs aren’t the glamorous ones. I’ve done the lot. First job was a v8 topline on fridges, but had to work 20 hrs a day as we were paid more for running bent than straight. Had plenty of well paid jobs, but doing ■■■■ work. Happy medium was doing boxes tbh. But by far and away, my best job was for RA Haulage in Edmonton. Boring job, Hayes-Bardon, Bardon-London all week in a flat roof fh12 380. But by ■■■■ they knew how to look after the drivers. I was taking just shy of 700 a week for 5 days and got treated with more respect there, than every other job I’ve worked at

lightning:
I would have to say, that my present job is the best job I have ever had. I think thats because:

• I dont get hassle from the office.
  • I feel part of a family.
  • My colleagues are by and large the best ever and we always have a laugh.
  • My boss is “cool” and gives us scope to be who we are.
  • The kits good and all R & M.

I have worked at places where the atmos was sh*t and no one gave a ■■■■. We have had that in my present job, but touch wood they have all gone now!

Thats not very PC is it :stuck_out_tongue:

18 years on the tankers with BP were the best when it came to money & being able to pay for a house etc, but I took redundancy a few years ago in september 08 & went to work at a job delivering timber for a local sawmill.

I only intended being there til after the new year, but although it’s not the best paying job, it’s certainly the most satisfying & I’m still there yet.

busteredwards:
Robbing the Glasgow-Euston Royal Mail train on 8th August 1963. £100k for a night shift…

FTFY.
:wink:

Coach driver when I was 21 I got to go to some very nice places like theme parks the seaside loads of places of interest shame the money was rubbish and i had to carry passengers. :imp:

big boots:
taking trailers of “markies” dog biscuits from pedigree in birstall to corby once a night,knowing you will be back in good time and getting paid 8 .

My best job was taking markies and other pet foods from birstall to Orleans and re-loading p&g 30kms away with paper kitchen rolls for t/park Manchester.
regards dave.

The best job I’ve ever done is the one I’ve got now.

Good money. Good company. Good immediate boss. Home for tea every night. Easy work. No pressure. No stress. Allocated vehicle not used by anybody else. Two weeks off for Christmas. Generous Christmas bonus… the list goes on.

It ■■■■■ to be everybody else. :laughing:

I worked for Ackworth/Onward Transport at their Birtley depot from 1986 to 1992. Without doubt the best job I ever had. Our depot manager, Bill Gallimore, R.I.P. was the sort that once he knew you could be relied upon, never interfered with how you got on with the job. I was amazed when I first went there at being approached by a “suit” and asked how I was settling in. This fella introduced himself as Granville, I later found out he was Mr Story chairman of the group. I have to say though the managing director was a different character, he was a proper JODRELL!! :imp: :imp: If you met them in the yard it was weird, calling the chairman Granville and the MD, Mr. Regards Kevmac47.

some posts about your ■■■■■■ fantasies- and even more worrying about your morning “movements” in the lavatory removed, the internet is huge and I am sure there are other websites out there that would be interested in such stuff… we are not… don’t repost it on here chaps

Rikki-UK:
some posts about your ■■■■■■ fantasies- and even more worrying about your morning “movements” in the lavatory removed, the internet is huge and I am sure there are other websites out there that would be interested in such stuff… we are not… don’t repost it on here chaps

GET A LIFE Rikke!!!"

This is suposed to be a forum for proffesional truck drivers
we do not need you to play “big brother”
keep your nose out

AML Transport 90 - 92 , my 1st artic job, flat work curtains & the odd European trip, this is what I thought general haulage was all about, money weren’t the best, but then it wasn’t the worst ! Had a C-reg high datum road train, with a ■■■■■■■ 320 14L then a G -reg 325 road train with a rolls Royce eagle ! Still trying to find that moment again !

Bking:

Rikki-UK:

GET A LIFE Rikke!!!"

keep your nose out

Any news on your removal from pre mod then fella? :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

GET A LIFE Rikke!!!"
keep your nose out

DEAR OH DEAR

^^^ too much to drink perhaps