BBC Requires a Driver who suffers from Stress

I have been asked to see If I can help find a Driver who suffers from Stress at work, I know it will be like looking for a needle in a Hay Stack :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyway, if anyone is interested in taking part, it would involve being monitored at work during your shift, showing the stress levels drivers suffer. I have copied the message below so you get a full understanding of what it entails, this is not an attempt to bring down the industry but a genuine attempt at trying to show the public what drivers have to put up with and how it causes stress, and will also offer solutions to avoid stress. If intrerested please contact Julie on the number below during office hours.

As discussed, we’re hoping to find a driver who is suffering from stress, and would be willing to be the subject of one our half-hour programmes. In return, they’d get the benefit of working with our experts, who would hopefully be able to help them reduce the stress in their lives. I can be contacted on 020 8752 5393 (office number)

Many thanks

Julie Soper
BBC Television
The Stress Test
The BBC is producing a major 6-part documentary series about stress. It’s due to transmit in a prime-time slot on BBC 1 in the summer of 2004. Each 30-minute programme will feature one person who is suffering from stress at home and/or at work. We have two of the country’s leading stress experts working with us. They will be devising stress-busting strategies that each of our six contributors will put to the test.
The style of the filming is observational or fly on the wall. We will film our contributors at home and / or at work to establish why they are stressed and then continue to film them as they try to reduce their stress levels with the help of our experts. The filming will last approx. 2-months. We need to start filming very soon!
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to really get to grips with the stress in their lives.

That’ll not apply to many drivers then. :smiley:

Ken.

If I remember correctly, stress = load / extension

Thats the only stress I know of - now if only I could get the drivers seat back into a more upright position :laughing: :laughing:

Jules

They want to find out about stress? they could come with me when I am tipping at delightful Iceland Deeside :unamused: arrive on time every time but still parked up outside and made to sit and wait and wait then mess my other drops up for rest of day next day etc. . You can sit and watch drivers age at that horrible dump :unamused:

Yup I know what you mean!

3663 Gateshead! you are also GUILTY of messing up a drivers timetable!

Its a Business of messing up another Business. But the Transport business is 10 a penny to so called RDC, NDC’S

It doesnt rain until it pours! Wait till the WDT comes in then it will be â– â– â– â–  ing down! :smiley:

Oh well, seeing how they want to film at work and home, maybe i’d better volunteer, cos i’m sure my next stop is the madhouse

I spoke to Julie today, they are really desperate for volunteers :laughing: :laughing:

Go on somebody giver her a call and show these car drivers what stress they put truck drivers under :wink: :wink: :wink:

I don’t suffer from much stress at work except when I get back to the depot and they take an age to unload me BUT the 60hrs on nights do cause alot of stress at home.

Eeenie Meenie Minie Mo.

I have been asked to see If I can help find a Driver who suffers from Stress at work, I know it will be like looking for a needle in a Hay Stack

:laughing: Nah, you wouldnt find a stressed lorry driver Davey!! :wink:

Mal

Mal:

I have been asked to see If I can help find a Driver who suffers from Stress at work, I know it will be like looking for a needle in a Hay Stack

Mal

Thats my thoughts exactly Mal :wink:

Stress :question: :question: :question: :question: There;s no such thing in the transport industry, drivers just potter along at lower speeds than cars, they get plenty rest when they reach the RDC, and I’ve never ever seen a Container driver Stressed :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: 3 or 4 hours watching day time TV or sitting reading from their mobile Library :imp: :imp: :imp:

What other Job gives the employee 45 minutes break and allows them to split it into 15 minutes 3 times if they want, ussually it’s only 30 minutes for Lunch.

Actually whilst typing this, it’s just begining to make me wonder what Drivers are complaining about :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: they have a better job than a policeman in the park :smiling_imp: they only get 30 minutes break and have to avoid doing their job or end up with one hell of a lot of paperwork, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I think I’ll come back to driving full time :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Davey Driver:

Mal:

Mal

Thats my thoughts exactly Mal :wink:

Stress :question: :question: :question: :question: There;s no such thing in the transport industry, drivers just potter along at lower speeds than cars, they get plenty rest when they reach the RDC, and I’ve never ever seen a Container driver Stressed :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: 3 or 4 hours watching day time TV or sitting reading from their mobile Library :imp: :imp: :imp:

What other Job gives the employee 45 minutes break and allows them to split it into 15 minutes 3 times if they want, ussually it’s only 30 minutes for Lunch.

Actually whilst typing this, it’s just begining to make me wonder what Drivers are complaining about :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: they have a better job than a policeman in the park :smiling_imp: they only get 30 minutes break and have to avoid doing their job or end up with one hell of a lot of paperwork, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I think I’ll come back to driving full time :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fair play to you Davey, but if youre really going to come back into the game full time, Id suggest ditching them rose coloured specs first old pal!! :smiley:

Mal.

Mal:
Fair play to you Davey, but if youre really going to come back into the game full time, Id suggest ditching them rose coloured specs first old pal!! :smiley:

Mal.

Actually Mal I was being Sarcastic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I thought you for one would have realised that :wink: :wink: :wink:

Davey Driver:

Mal:

Mal.

You where wotâ– â– ? no dont beleive that (have booked you appointment at the doctors)

Davey Driver:

Mal:

Mal.

I did Davey! I was just returning the (appreciated) wit! :wink:

Mal.

Mal:
Mal.

Had me worried there Mal LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: