News paper Ad

Thousands of people just like you every year have achieved financial freedom, job security and a stress free lifestyle as professional HGV drivers

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

DGW131:
Thousands of people just like you every year have achieved financial freedom, job security and a stress free lifestyle as professional HGV drivers

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Where was Trading Standards when this was published? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Seems fair enough to me. When I listen to people describing other jobs I am thankful I do what I do as there is very little stress in truck driving, except for that which the driver brings on them self by getting irate over meaningless things and things they have no control over. In 25 years of doing this job I canā€™t remember a single day which I could say was stressful.

Well Iā€™ve got to say after three and a half years I can think of a couple of days or more that have given me a bit of stress.

Would be fair to say that MOST of the stress a driver has is USUALLY caused by themselves :question: :question:

ROG:
Would be fair to say that MOST of the stress a driver has is USUALLY caused by themselves :question: :question:

Couldnā€™t agree more.

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Couldnā€™t agree more.

Iā€™m with you on this Rob kā€¦ sorry I mean Coffeeholic :unamused:

Coffeeholic:
Seems fair enough to me. When I listen to people describing other jobs I am thankful I do what I do as there is very little stress in truck driving, except for that which the driver brings on them self by getting irate over meaningless things and things they have no control over. In 25 years of doing this job I canā€™t remember a single day which I could say was stressful.

Try getting to farms with vague directions, no proper address, usualy on roads where both mirrors are folded in to avoid decapitation, only to arrive and be told by the farmer his grain drier is elsewhere, usually with comments like ā€œyou cant miss itā€ :cry: driving is the easy bit, finding your load is not. Though to be fair Iā€™ve never been stressed until I took this job on.

Tiger.

my stressfull days were born mostly out of inexperience and not having a clue what I was doing.
Though I do agree that it is mostly self imposed. Having said that it is difficult to do anything about it.
These days I have a vague idea what Iā€™m doing so I donā€™t get stressed. I get peed off sometimes but thatā€™s not the same thing.

I can sympathise with Fastrantiger, only last night I was to collect from a farm outside Peterborough. I used my laptop and autoroute with satnav - arrived at the postcode and it was a bungalow!

Rang the office to be told its easy to find- its just on the junction I had gone past 1/2 mile before. Its where the big sheds are - that might be ok in the daylight but in the pitch black all I could see wasā€¦ pitch black. When I did risk going down a farm track, I found some sheds but no-one about. Got the torch out and had a walk about. Magic, walked between two sheds to find a small portacabin with a dim light, inside was one guy. When I spoke to him he put some lights on!!!

DGW131:

Hmmm, who are they trying to kidā– ā– ? :smiley:

Then again, you can always tell the ones who have done it. Everything is done to the letter, ironed hi-viz vests, sitting on their tod at truckstops.

Trust me, its either in your blood or its not.

Coffeeholic:

Spot on Coffee,

Its a great way to earn a crust, BUT you have got to want to do it IMO
:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
You have got to be a bit of a loner aswell IMHO :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Nar zb that! Theres zbs (rhymes with hunts) everywhere can get your stress levels up, especially in the UK. And may I add the Frogs and Krouts have their moments!!

What you need to do is set out your stall to expect such. = No stress!

Or youā€™re like me (a zb; same rhyme) you donā€™t get stressed 'cos you donā€™t give a zb (rhymes with luck)
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Stanley Mitchell:
You have got to be a bit of a loner aswell IMHO :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Totally agree with that. :wink: Iā€™ve even got a T-shirt with ā€˜Im a Lonerā€™ on it
Im not a Creepy loner though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: like you hear on the news when they describe a serial killer or mass murderer. :smiley:

My job is bloody easy. :laughing:

bikemonkey:

Stanley Mitchell:

Totally agree with that. :wink: Iā€™ve even got a T-shirt with ā€˜Im a Lonerā€™ on it
Im not a Creepy loner though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: like you hear on the news when they describe a serial killer or mass murderer. :smiley:

Im not a creepy loner, I just enjoy my own company, the creepy loners dont talk to anyoneā€¦ :laughing: :frowning:

Every company has a creepy loner, and don`t forget, The Yorkshire Ripper was a fully fledged truck driver, my claim to fame, was spending a night on Watford Gap services {NB} with him next door in his ā€œBerlietā€, remember them ā– ā– ?

A ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  creepy Roger Hunt, I thought at the time :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Stanley Mitchell:
ā€¦the creepy loners don`t talk to anyoneā€¦

Oh yes they do. They have very long and detailed conversations with them self. Remember, you are never alone with a schizophrenic. :wink: In fact, I told myself that several times just the other day. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Stanley Mitchell:
ā€¦the creepy loners don`t talk to anyoneā€¦

Oh yes they do. They have very long and detailed conversations with them self. Remember, you are never alone with a schizophrenic. :wink: In fact, I told myself that several times just the other day. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My job is to get the load safely, and where possible, within time, to its destination. What can be stressful about that?!

If you notice its generally what happens sat not moving thatā€™s what gets some people stressedā€¦not me, its outside of my control, Iā€™ve done my best - anyone elses problem is just that, nowt to do with me guv :>