Back on dock work (ferry trailers)

Its not an interesting post here, but for those that know me, Im back on dock work, not containers, but ferry trailers for Norfolk Line from Felixstowe mainly, im releived to be running around the 4 metre level again, the last trailers i was pulling were 4.6-7 high, ive been driving 21 yrs and never had a trailer over 4 metres before, and i bloody hated them, so now im back to some normality. First 2 days i was pulling fridges around

then back onto these

kindle was you goin up the a11 about six o’clock on sunday

Good pics! Very nice Volvo :wink: , Is that your - owner or work for someone but unlivery white plain? :neutral_face:

Also just wonder you pull the trailers - they come from Europe and down to Felixstowe then you pull the trailers. Is that more cheap to drop the trailer on the Ro-Ro ferry Felixstowe than direct driving from Belgium or Germany to England?

Why Dentressangle or Betz or Waberers never use put the trailers on Ro-ro Ferry to England from Europe? and Cobreflet/ Norfolkline/ Ewals/ Tip Ge never has own truck fleets instead subcontractors?

Ben.

Was that you on the dock Sunday parked up at the back of 92 shed,Me and Jobe Ben was swopping trailers on Norfolk line in the red and white V8.

Betz about 16 years ago i worked for R TURNER HAULAGE and we use to pull WILLI BETZ trailers all over the uk Germany and Spain it was the best tilt/traction job i’ve ever had the trailers were good the Betz staff in Felixstowe and Germany were very good and so was the money,It was a shame when they closed the Felixstowe office and stopped the RO RO service.When that stopped us on the Betz work moved over to ESTRON work not as good but the next best thing,Still work for them but with my own trucks.

Would you recommend ferry traffic work for a owner driver?

How does it all work? Do you work for one shipping company who acts as a agent for various european companys that come through the docks?

EG: i often see companys pulling for only one euro company, say Ewals and then sometimes see others pulling totally mixed euro company trailers.