Teesport question

anyone know who {if anyone} does traction work off the dock? not looking for anything permanent just looking to fill the odd day in, could have a few boxes but dont have a skelly so thats why i,m looking at traction, i realise the rates aren,t fantastic but its better than staying home wallpapering :open_mouth: :smiley: any names/ numbers much appreciated,

btw posted on here and not o/d forum as i thought i,d get a quicker reply

have you tried the obvious ones like bulmers and containerships, i wouldnt bother with freightliner as they are dead at the minute. isnt there a new asda up there and a morrisons will they not offer work you would be better with them than boxes.

Bulmers comes to mind / P&O Ferrymasters

you could try Kellys, if they’re still going that is.

doesn’t fox transport run from docks at all.

the maoster:
you could try Kellys, if they’re still going that is.

think bulmers bought em out for their ecs work?

what about a.v. dawson?

thxs for the replys, bulmers did buy kellys, foxys do have some of the asda work but are quiet in the steelworks like me so aren,t giving anything away, dawsons have a million and one regular subbys so no go there {and they pay on 60 days :open_mouth: } as i said earlier jd no skelly so boxes no good,didnt think p/o ferrymasters still had an office on teeside? what i was after was a contact for the likes of schenklerâ– â– ? you know the ones i mean but i cant remember how to spell it, do a lot out of immingham, its the ferry trailers on traction only i,m looking for just on an adhoc basis as needed, i know its bad everywhere at the mo so just looking for contacts to fill the odd day

Why cant you hire a skelly and do some box work for any of the container people - either in Leeds or Teesport. (Try Seawheel)

Alphatrans from Holland & Mammoet ship trailers in to Teesport but more often Goole/Immingham but you do need to know how to rope & sheet.

If you’re eqiuped for ADR work (hydraulics, DGSA etc) I know that DHL regularly use traction only subbies. Dunno rates or terms though.

Maosters right about Tankfreight/DHL using subbies especially on their Univar work. Phone them up and ask for Mark Stephenson or Vince Jaques.

I’m with Larry on this one. DHL’s Univar work doesn’t even come under hazardous regs at this time of year as most of it is non-haz runway de-icer to all points UK. Airfields obviously, cos unloading into rivers and stuff would frankly be ridiculous :laughing:

Lister International, ship trailers into Teesport if you don’t mind doing flat trailers. I subbed for them out of Purfleet and never had any problems at all

I think you have to phone Hull office 01482 339305

Bob.

fox’s have a sign on the fence asking for class 1 drivers at the mo.

bobw:
Lister International, ship trailers into Teesport if you don’t mind doing flat trailers. I subbed for them out of Purfleet and never had any problems at all

I think you have to phone Hull office 01482 339305

Bob.

i would pm jonah1 before phoning them. :open_mouth:

jessicas dad wrote

i would pm jonah1 before phoning them.

Yeah i know wot your saying Alex, i remember the problems NSH :slight_smile: had. But i’m just saying from my time on there about 11 months i never had any problems with them.

Bob.

smeets and van bentum run trailers into the dock. Did some for a year don’t know what the rates are though. They have websites with numbers to contact. All info to drivers was passed via an 0800 mumber. smeets.nl and bentum.co.uk. Hope it is of some use

as i said earlier jd no skelly so boxes no good

Not true. Both Bulmers and our lot have subbies using company trailers on a traction basis. :wink:

thanks for the input everyone, surely they must charge you trailer hire lucy? and if boxes dont pay a good rate to start with i thought it wouldnt be worth doing at all , whats the ferry trailer/ traction side of things like nowadays, has it gone dead like everything else? anyone doing the job know?

surely they must charge you trailer hire lucy?

That I don’t know. Never heard that they do, mind…