B+E test

Plus you’ll have to read a number plate, as no medical is sat prior to the test.

What car? Where?
:wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Its behind the snow drift…

gpc273:
Its behind the snow drift…

Ah HA - I see it - ■■ 54NTA :laughing: :laughing:

pete904ni:
Well I went and put in for it myself there have an assessment on thursday.

gogzy i dont see the point in doing a b+e test tbh, i mean if you already have your cat c licence go for the big boy c+e then u get c+e , c1+e &b+e

About £250 all in to do B+E test against £650+ for C+E

i take it you’ve already got a C?

also any trailer with a mam over 750kg must have working brakes on all the wheels

is it not that if the trailer has a mam of 750kg or less you can have a train mam of up too 4250kg, but if the mam of the trailer is over 750kg then the mam of the trailer and towing vehicle when added together must be under 3500kg and the trailer mam must be less than the unladen towing vehicle weight??

stevie

stevie

stevieboy308:

pete904ni:

gogzy i dont see the point in doing a b+e test tbh, i mean if you already have your cat c licence go for the big boy c+e then u get c+e , c1+e &b+e

i take it you’ve already got a C?

also any trailer with a mam over 750kg must have working brakes on all the wheels

is it not that if the trailer has a mam of 750kg or less you can have a train mam of up too 4250kg, but if the mam of the trailer is over 750kg then the mam of the trailer and towing vehicle when added together must be under 3500kg and the trailer mam must be less than the unladen towing vehicle weight??

stevie

stevie

Your spot on.

1st lesosn today in showgun and horsebox… dead easy just the same as the C test in a car and trailer! Test booked for end of Janurary

pete904ni:

yes but for that extra 400 you can pretty much drive anything.

urban artic, normal artic, car and trailer etc etc.

gogzy:

pete904ni:

yes but for that extra 400 you can pretty much drive anything.

urban artic, normal artic, car and trailer etc etc.

Dont need to drive anything else… and im lucky enough that the company I work for put me through C and promised C+E if they expand more.

And after it going so well today test next so total cost about £150 inc test fee

Hi, I did B+E a couple of years ago. Exactly the same as C+E test but usually cheaper for lessons / car hire and no medical, theory or hazard perception bit.

Main things they look for are observation and pre planning. Remember not to cross hands, read all signs and use mirrors constantly!

If you use your own car you need wing mirrors for the instructor, a trailer that blocks your rear view mirror but you can see round with wing mirrors and L plates.

Did mine in a new shape mine with trailer :sunglasses: :laughing:

As for tacos i think you need one if your driving commercially and total combined weight is over 3500kg?!