Another licence question

Friend with a class 2 licence has also got his B+E licence. He drives a 6.5 ton plated iveco daily and has just installed a tow bar, he’s asked me if he can tow a twin wheeled trailer carrying about 2.5ton in total including trailer. Will his B+E allow the trailer or will he need C+E to pull the trailer??

If he passed after 97, the B+E will cover him for a vehicle up to 3.5 plus a trailer, the a 6.5 plated vehicle would need a c1+e. for any trailer over 750kg

Yes, he would definitely need the C1E for that. If it were me I would pay a bit extra and go for the CE. More options for the future then :smiley:

Thanks, he’s was under the illusion he could pull upto 3.5 ton because of his B+E so I’ll pass the information on. Cheers

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Paul@PSTT:
Yes, he would definitely need the C1E for that. If it were me I would pay a bit extra and go for the CE. More options for the future then :smiley:

Wouldn’t C1+ E with the B+E automatically give him the proper C+E licence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afraid not

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

doc95:
Thanks, he’s was under the illusion he could pull upto 3.5 ton because of his B+E so I’ll pass the information on. Cheers

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

The vehicle is one part of the licence so 6.5 tonne GVW puts that vehicle into the LGV C1 categaory

The trailer is the next part of the licence so anything over 750kgs MAM needs +E with the above vehicle category unless it comes under the B licence combined GVW/MAM limit of 3500kgs exemption