assylum seeker

did anyone watch the bbc2 docu that followed a fella from the sudan on his plight to obtain assylum here?

hopefully it’ll have opened the eyes of some of the “daily mail mentality” people out in the wider community who have the tainted view of the A.S’s - largely induced by such rags, and by the people-traffickers.

Claim assylum in the 1st country they reach? hard to when they stick em in jail indefinitely and release telling them to sod off to another country cos they aint wanted, and if they stay the consequenses will be grim…

good piece of work I reckoned.

Did’nt that one, but saw a simmilar docu’ about a year ago following a lad from Afghanistan. Like you say real eye opener. I often think that if someone can make it across such distances covertly then they miust have something about them, and might quiet a usful member to our society.
Over the last couple of years on the immigrant question, i’ve come to the conclusion that may be we should offfer tempory work permits to these lads who are often 18 or 19, let them work here and take part in education at the same time if they so wish. But after may be 5 years offer them the chance to return home or just tell them that their stay is over what ever, but return to them the money they have paid in personal tax. Obviously it would be in the currency of their country of origin. But it might be quiet a subatancial value to them, and allow such lads the chance when their in their mid 20s to set up home in their native land with some financial clout. This would prevent them paying criminal gangs large sums of money to trafic them over here, as they would have to apply at home.
Just a thought , after all it is such a huge issue now and i think that certain political party’s will be trying to make hay with it in the forth coming election. that may be people will have to consider what they think can be done to bring some sense of order, hit the politions question’s and answers., instead of the usual contempt that we are shown by them.

Yes i saw the program…still didnt change my mind…funny how he got relatives in leeds and was prepared to leave the centre to go and stay with them…i notice he got his giro cheque as well…and mine has been stopped after waiting a year for it to be sorted and i`ve been off work over a year after having 2 heart attacks…no we have enough spongers in this country as it is…the gates should be closed…and the system changed…lock them up…feed them etc until their claim can be verified…why would they travel acros many countries just to reach good ol blighty…cos the benefits are the best…and good news travels fast…and his excuse is one of many that will be used time and time again…sory…no sympathy…

No, no sympathy either!

Why is it these illegal immigrants plead for assylum to escape persecution and torture, but they leave their wives and children behind?

The political assylum rules say anyone can apply for assylum in the first friendly country they get to! So how come the UK is the first one they reach

I have to agree with there in some respects trucky. I think that definition of Political asylum has become very hazy over the past decade. If political asylum (ie: some one being in fear of their life or in fear of persecution because of their political beliefs) has become clouded, by the fact that many who claim asylum, do so after passing through many other counties, where presumably they would not be persecuted because of their political beleifs.
It has to beg the question of whether, they see the UK as the softest option in terms of staying put, and gaining citizenship.
If the old saying of ‘any port in a storm’ is to believed, then I really think, that the nearest port or country in the case of asylum seekers, would be the best place.

I think that definition of Political asylum has become very hazy over the past decade. If political asylum (ie: some one being in fear of their life or in fear of persecution because of their political beliefs) has become clouded

not being funny and all but when in rome do as the romans eh. a fair whack of these people are not interested in integrating into society as a Brititsh citizen but still want the perks. as for me I am a foreigner as well lucky enough to have access to an ancestral visa through marriage( good choice hee hee).
i paid tax for every penny earned i drink in my local and have friends there, took my hgv1 and 2 licences in the UK and am absolutely having a ball in my job. if i am prepared to do it then why can all “asylum seekers” not do it. if the situation is not sorted out then it will get ugly because the population will only take so much and no more, I am foreign and I can see that why can’t the government■■?

just my humble opinion.

Same problem over here as well,funny that the refugees bypass countless other countries on the way here and then scream asylum.
Also getting a bit tiring from the bleeding hearts that say we should take them all in;
1-agreed if those complaining of us as Rascist(Another great copout)YOU house,feed and support them-Surprise surprise no takers
2-The line"They are only bettering themselves and/or family-Great I dont own an SLK Merc and a yacht so come on kids and extended family lets just squat in that wealthy mans house until we get it…
3-how many are"genuine"refugees?how many destroy their personal papers and why?More like "Economic"refugees
4-They refuse to assimilate- point black-thats how it is in the real world,notice all the left wing apologists have probably never met a refo or visited a suburb or town where they have set up camp.Maybe a bit hard on the bleeding hearts as I am sure the refo’s would make excellant cleaners and servants for the lefties.
5-Saudi Arabia,Bharain,Gulf countries very wealthy dont quiet remember the assylam seekers screaming to them to take them in,why?Indonesia mmmmmm.
6- There is a process to gain emigration to most countries but the alleged refugees choose to "Jump the queue"Maybe I should demand full citizenship to Switzerland,USA,UK etc by just turning up.Thats right it wont happen so why are the alleged refugees any different?.