Assistance needed

Can anyboby help me with a problem weve got with a wagon thats just joined our fleet please
Its a 52 plate renault kerax 8 wheeler, the problem we got is with the digital tacho, the time is 1 hour ahead of itself and weve tried invain to work out how to turn it back but cant find anything that works.
its the one positioned down by your right knee,it has only 2 buttons on the face of it,eject and mode switch,all the digital readings are up on the dash display,we have been told by another driver that to adjust the clock on them you need to take it to renault witch i find highly unlikly just to adjust a clock.
any help would be great.
OH yeah and before anybody says it,yes i know its main problem is the fact its a renault,but i dont care cus i aint got to drive it :smiley:

it isn’t a digital tacho on a 52 plate kerax it’s a cd style analogue tacho and to adjust the clock you need to remove any tacho from the head and any of those plastic protectors too before an adjustment can be made.
the clock should adjust on it’s own to standard time via a radio signal (so i’m told) but there is a manual overide and perhaps someone else can put you right on that one.

what about doing one of the following , Look on the web under the name of the builder of the TACHO as the will have a guide which should help,
Try asking at your local Renault workshop for some help,
and the last where is the book that comes with the lorry describeing how to use this piece of equipment,or is the book no longer forehand.

Cheers johnny,brit pete, we were also told about taking all discs out and then switch the ignition on and off,but to no avail, the books have all gone to pete, any more ideas welcome

is the time on the display flashing on and off :question:

removig all tachos and plastic seperaters works for me, time for a trip to the garage me thinks

jon

the tacho is adjusted at the same time as the dash clock. push the button on the dash in, then to the right untill time adj shows, then in again . now adj the time

We used to have a Renault 7.5 tonner with one of those tachos. Time was changed by button pressing on the dash by the display. Think you need the manual for the truck/tacho though as it wasn’t immediately clear which ones to press.

Calv

do what i do, leave it for someone else :laughing:

my tacho is 7 minutes fast and so is the clock on the dash. i dont know how to change them so they have been 7 minutes fast since the last time someone changed them

Are you not in trouble if you get stopped and your tacho is more than 2 minutes out?

Andyroo:
Are you not in trouble if you get stopped and your tacho is more than 2 minutes out?

thats a new one on me :open_mouth:

Maybe somebody who knows the regs inside out could clarify…but I’m pretty sure it’s the case.

Correct, the Tacho clock must be accurate to within two minutes.
Though what happens if the VOSA mans watch is 5 minutes wrong.

You CANT adjust them…

The VU will be set to Universal Time Co-ordinated (UTC) — as another name for Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) - all records will be against this time. The visual display will probably be set to the local time, but this will not affect the internal time. What needs to be remembered is that the stored record will be an hour behind in British Summer Time — for example - a driver starts at 0600 (6am), the record will show 0500 (5am). There will be no difference in the winter as we are back to GMT.

Read here:… http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/hgvpsvoperators/digitaltachographs/aboutdigitaltachographs.htm Right at the bottom.

electronic tacho

gav:
Can anyboby help me with a problem weve got with a wagon thats just joined our fleet please
Its a 52 plate renault kerax 8 wheeler, the problem we got is with the digital tacho, the time is 1 hour ahead of itself and weve tried invain to work out how to turn it back but cant find anything that works.
its the one positioned down by your right knee,it has only 2 buttons on the face of it,eject and mode switch,all the digital readings are up on the dash display,we have been told by another driver that to adjust the clock on them you need to take it to renault witch i find highly unlikly just to adjust a clock.
any help would be great.
OH yeah and before anybody says it,yes i know its main problem is the fact its a renault,but i dont care cus i aint got to drive it :smiley:

On the Merc Actrosses I’ve driven with it on, you alter the time on the driver display on the dashboard and the tacho changes to what that is set to.

gav:
Its a 52 plate renault kerax 8 wheeler, the problem we got is with the digital tacho,

Hmmm… Is it Digital ?Or Electric?.