Digi tacho help please

Hi guys,

IM fairly new to all this, in the lorry I have changed the display time to keep it in line with british summertime but on my digi print out and on my card its still an hours difference :frowning:

With a digital tacho, all recordings, printouts etc are UTC which is an hour wrong during BST but is in line with us during winter (GMT). You’ve already discovered you can change the screen to give you local information, but that wont record on the vehicle unit or driver card. As I said, everything is UTC (universal time co-ordinates). BTW, trucknet time is UTC if you check the times of posts.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
With a digital tacho, all recordings, printouts etc are UTC which is an hour wrong during BST but is in line with us during winter (GMT). You’ve already discovered you can change the screen to give you local information, but that wont record on the vehicle unit or driver card. As I said, everything is UTC (universal time co-ordinates). BTW, trucknet time is UTC if you check the times of posts.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Ah right I see :smiley:
So its ok for me to leave it? I just assumed it would be wrong as on the digi card when it would be upload to software the times would be an hour out and Id id have a smacked bottom for this?! :exclamation:

It’s fine. Worry not!! And you’ll probably have to pay a young lady good money for the smacked bottom!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I dont earn enough for that Pete!! :unamused:

Do you get given tacho training as part of learning to drive a lorry ?
If not how do you learn, is there a course?