Changing the time

Anyone know how to change the time on a digi tacho as I can’t find the handbook for it,it’s a Volvo one.if that’s any help

Ta.

excellent easy 2 minute tutorial on Youtube, this is for standard VDO unit…the same company show you how to alter Stonebridge (satans) jobby too.

youtube.com/watch?v=P9iv4kjSgKg

Remember that you are only changing the displayed time - the unit will still work on GMT. (They call it UTC but it’s the same thing)

press the menu, go to vehicle entry, change local time. This will also change the time on the dash in the Volvo.

Thanks very much,that was spot on.

My truck does it for me, is that unusual then?

one of our drivers did mine when i got back and totally ballsed it up ,its now 26 mins fast the dopey ■■■■■■■■
The boss had a go at me so i told him to get stuffed cos i never touched it ,it was his driver training assessor that ■■■■■■ it up.when i came out the office he’d tried doing it thru the centre console computer and another driver said let me go round and diesel up and il come back and do it,(cos he knew how to do it)
but our transport supervisor decided to waste money sending it down MC TRUCK AND BUS the ■■■■■■.

Some people have more money than sense. Why waste diesel and pay a guy when the job could be done free.

I done mine this morning but it was slightly differant. I found that when i chnged the time on the dash display (Merc Axor) the time on the tacho was also done automaticly :confused: :open_mouth: and now shows the little ‘+’ symbol to denote local time.
Prety cool i thought, saved me having to faff about with it :smiley:

calebs gramps:
one of our drivers did mine when i got back and totally ballsed it up ,its now 26 mins fast the dopey [zb].

It must have already been 4 minutes slow as you can only adjust the local time display in 30 minute steps so it sounds like he has pressed it 30 times and added 90 minutes instead of 60. Your boss must be minted, ask for a pay rise as it would take about 10 seconds to fix it. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

switchlogic:

Yes, sounds like that’s how they should work like the smart phones but never heard of a smart tacho before! :smiley:

Longman5978:

switchlogic:

Yes, sounds like that’s how they should work like the smart phones but never heard of a smart tacho before! :smiley:

i have, mine. it tells me i am going too fast. lol :laughing:

Longman5978:

switchlogic:

Just woke up yesterday morning and it said is this the new time, pressed OK and that was that. Can’t believe in this day and age that’s unusual, but then digital tachos are a bit 90’s in my opinion, could have been brilliant pieces of technology but they just turned out to be a bit crap.

starfighter:
press the menu, go to vehicle entry, change local time. This will also change the time on the dash in the Volvo.

also for Renault’s :wink:

Coffeeholic:

calebs gramps:
one of our drivers did mine when i got back and totally ballsed it up ,its now 26 mins fast the dopey [zb].

It must have already been 4 minutes slow as you can only adjust the local time display in 30 minute steps so it sounds like he has pressed it 30 times and added 90 minutes instead of 60. Your boss must be minted, ask for a pay rise as it would take about 10 seconds to fix it. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

My boss is an idiot coffee,i told him chris knows how to do it he’ll be back in a minute ,but he knows best and sent it straight down there to be done.Never driven a truck in his life or used a tacho but thinks he knows everything .
See you know your stuff ,cos it was actually 4 minutes slow mate.i didnt know about the half hour thing til my mate chris told me ,thats why i never touched it cos i didnt know what i was doing.

Denis F:

starfighter:

also for Renault’s :wink:

and man