Assessment drive and passed

I applied for a transfer in Feb. when I passed my C and heard nothing so I took the C+E in July. Yesterday I got a phone call, for an assessment drive and interview for today.
Interview was ok. now out for a drive in an artic (I did my test in a waggon and drag) what a difference. Driving forwards was fine. Just took bends a bit wider and kept out a bit more on roundabouts watching the rear wheels.
The gear box was not good to say the least it was a 4 over 4 with another button for half gears.It was so stiff I had trouble getting 5 and 6 it was a real heav ho.
Now the reverse, in the w/d I eventually did ok I knew how to control it. The artic no hope the instructor helped and we eventually got into the bay( no one and a half vehicle witdth) it was about 3" off the tyres so tight.
So I thought I had blown it.
Then I got a phone call saying I have the job. They said the main drive was ok and they will teach me how to reverse.
So pleased!!!.
As a conclusion waggon and drag are so different to an artic. I wish I had trained in an artic.It was a real wake up call.

congrats :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Stuie:
As a conclusion waggon and drag are so different to an artic. I wish I had trained in an artic.It was a real wake up call.

I’m glad you got through it and good luck in new job :smiley: :smiley:

I’ll be putting in a link to this to back up what most of us have been saying -

• train in the type of vehicle that you are likely to drive in your first job.

Well done Stuie on passing the assessment and congrats on getting the job.

You’ll get plenty practice reversing now you’ve got the job.