Passed assessment, start monday

I got offered the job, pending assessment last week. needed my licence in my hand before they took me out. Anyway, went for assessment this morning.
I thought it would be a reverse, maybe uncouple, recouple, and a drive round locally. turned out I had to pick up an empty trailer, take it 20 miles north, swap it for a trailer full of ice cream and take it back, then do a reverse!
apart from leaving the number plate on the empty trailer (but remembering and using a spare before we set off!) it all went smoothly!
to be honest I enjoyed doing a bit more than just driving around. all the drivers that I spoke to seemed decent lads, the truck was great and I cant wait to start work next week.

Glad to hear this :slight_smile:. Good luck with the new job. Hope all goes well.

Great! Just out of interest, what will you be driving?

instantKarma:

Errrrrr a lorry■■?

:smiley: :smiley:

B…

Errr !!! I think he meant what sort of lorry ?
A Big Hard Swedish Scania or Volvo for Real Men with Frilly Curtains & the Blackpool Illuminations (cus’ it looks Cool) or a work horse, like the rest of us Mere Mortals drive-Man, Daf, Iveco, Merc.

its a volvo fh :slight_smile:

:sunglasses: merry christmas, be carefull.

What was “the” job? I looked at your previous posts yet couldn’t see who you were doing the assessment with.
Congrats anyway, a nice early Christmas present :wink:

it’s with reed boardall. did assessment with the union rep, so got the story from both sides! he seems a decent enough bloke.

Makes sense to combine assessment with a real load, and it covers pretty much the same stuff - couple, uncouple, road use and reverse.

Congratulations on passing, and I’m jealous of your Volvo FH - I miss them now I’m trundling around in Axors.

Congratulations. Will be a manual or auto you will be driving?

Bungle666:

instantKarma:

Errrrrr a lorry■■?

B…

Hold your fist out, I’ll just walk into it :laughing:

instantKarma:

Bungle666:

instantKarma:

Errrrrr a lorry■■?

B…

Hold your fist out, I’ll just walk into it :laughing:

:laughing:

do you do any driving INSTANTKORMA ?
What class have you got ?

Well done Rick, Glad your driver training with us has been successful.

Will be on a automatic, no one runs manual trucks on motorway work nowadays plus Volvo’s come standard as auto, see picture below to see what sort of trucks they run, all very good and well maintained.

TROTSKY3:
do you do any driving INSTANTKORMA ?
What class have you got ?

Class 2 at the mo, class 1 in Feb 2015. I haven’t done any C2 work yet as I am self employed and I need to wind it down (pass the book to my partner), before I follow my life long ambition. Yep, will probably be one of those cab happy mother ■■■■■■■ :laughing:

yep! that looks just like the truck i’m in!! they don’t have any manuals on the fleet. they might get the odd hired one in though.

They also run the new MB actros, which I think is supposed to be a lot better than the old one. Don’t know though, I haven’t driven one, just the fh’s.

The company I’m doing agency work for is currently getting fleet replacement Actros units for the old Axors. I’m hoping to get a drive in one soon, it has to be better than the Axor, but my previous experience with an Actros is that it still isn’t as good as the Volvos.

Well you will be pleasantly surprised if you get to drive the MB mp4.There is no comparison with the older model.