Assessment Drive

Evening folks,
I’ve got my C+E assessment drive tomorrow and was wondering what it might consist of? :confused:
Cheers Q

smokinbarrels:
Evening folks,
I’ve got my C+E assessment drive tomorrow and was wondering what it might consist of? :confused:
Cheers Q

I would imagine that it will consist of driving an artic or a wagon & drag :laughing: :laughing:

SORRY :blush: could not resist that :wink: :unamused:

Seriously, You will get an intro to the basic controls and depending where you are starting from, you may be straight into the driver seat. The instructor will have done this many times before and will question you as to your C experience - reason is that if the start of the drive is without nasty bits then driving forward under instruction is quite easy (if no range gearbox experience then it is more difficult) as the width is the same as the C (rigid) so in a straight line it is a bit like a very long rigid.
You’ll be fine - not had a C driver yet who could not do it on day one or an assessment :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

smokinbarrels:
Evening folks,
Cheers Q

Probably a Snow Plough with a Drag attached. :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

When I did one at Tad it consisted of answering some Highway Code / Tacho questions then doing a 1hr drive with the assessor to check that you can handle the artic - I tried to do this like a test ie checking mirrors / speed / postion all the time.

Failed it though - the assessor did not like my long pony tail and was commenting on it from the minute I walked in - 3 months later the agency are begging me to go back for another assessment - so I told them to stuff it I was not going to beg for work.

Evening folks,
My Assessment drive went well today. I quick check on the reversing and i ride to through the local town. The instructor said i should be okay with a 3 day course (few…can’t afford a 4 day!!). Just need to get used to the gearbox and reversing, with a bit of luck i should crack it 1st time…fingers crossed!
Cheers Q