arthur cuthbert

Well I am so surprised anyone wanted to know what happened to me. Well I folded the company after a few years got so fed up with certain drivers taking the Micky, Then moved to Lincolnshire started a successful flooring company which my ex still runs. Then got divorced went to live in Panama driving a tanker for the Panama Canal Company, then went to Nigeria, then in 2002 went to Canada and worked for 10 years for H&R Limited , A brilliant Company to work for, 2012 went back to Nigeria met my wife and then came back to England, I am semi retired now but still doing a bit of driving for a Dutch company out of Harwich, Arthur Cuthbert,

Arfaitus:
Well I am so surprised anyone wanted to know what happened to me. Well I folded the company after a few years got so fed up with certain drivers taking the Micky, Then moved to Lincolnshire started a successful flooring company which my ex still runs. Then got divorced went to live in Panama driving a tanker for the Panama Canal Company, then went to Nigeria, then in 2002 went to Canada and worked for 10 years for H&R Limited , A brilliant Company to work for, 2012 went back to Nigeria met my wife and then came back to England, I am semi retired now but still doing a bit of driving for a Dutch company out of Harwich, Arthur Cuthbert,

Hi Arthur, Thanks for the background/info’, always good to hear how people are getting on :smiley: , & welcome to the forum. If you have any pictures from your travels I know I not alone in saying we’d love to see them :smiley: . Regards Chris

yep I agree with adr, welcome to the forum.

I loved that article in truck & driver what dreva mentioned, it was may 1986, a couple of your daf space cabs going to Greece for whittle international.

cheers
gaz

I was very sad I missed that trip but I had broken my ankle the day before I was due to go, but is still have a copy of the edition of truck and driver at home, brings back many memories, Can you believe still driving trucks 40 years later. Must love it.

Hi Arthur! And welcome :smiley: you dont have
any pics of your old lorrys lorrys? We really like to see some!

Reg Danne

Arfaitus:
I was very sad I missed that trip but I had broken my ankle the day before I was due to go, but is still have a copy of the edition of truck and driver at home, brings back many memories, Can you believe still driving trucks 40 years later. Must love it.

you got diesel running through those veins instead of blood, or as my lady say’s you’re HGV positive lol. :slight_smile:

cheers
gaz

may have asked this before but what happend to his firm he was in a truck mag he had two space cab dafs doing greece one was in whittle colours.any lads from northampton know what went on :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

dreva:
may have asked this before but what happend to his firm he was in a truck mag he had two space cab dafs doing greece one was in whittle colours.any lads from northampton know what went on :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

hi dreva,
i remember that article very well.don’t know what happened to them though.
regards andrew.

I don’t know either.

KW:

My buddy Nick King bought C303 OBD, did Greece with it for a while, then came on for Astran for a few years.
Here we are at the Telex, waiting for instructions at the beginning of the Gulf War air offensive “Desert Storm”

GS

Think there’s a photo on the Roadtrain thread of one of his - I don’t know either though :laughing:

I already posted the side view pic on the Leyland site, took both pics at Truckfest some time in the 80s, but same as I have no idea what happened to him. I remember the Long Distance Diary with 2 of his Space-Cabs, Arthure himself was meant to be featured but a couple of days before they set off he had a accident & broke his ankle or leg, so a stand in driver had to drive his wagon. The head on pic shows the driver, I presume this was Mr Cuthbert himself?

cheers lads but no one knows what happened to him.well hopefully someone will fill us in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: