Are there any rules of thumb with Digital tacographs?

Ive been driving HGVS for a few years now in the Army and have just recently started doing some agency work on my weekends to gain a little more class 1 exsperiance as i am soon to be coming out to start a career as a truck driver.
Anyway , as the military is exempt tacographs its all a bit greek to me at times , so the Question is are there any rules of thumb with drivers hours , and does (as ive been told) driving and reversing around a depot not count towards my total daily driving hours (as its can me take up to 10 mins plus for me to reverse somtimes much to the amusement of the forklift drivers and other drivers around!!!) and how do i then adjust that on my digital tacograph at the end of the day as sometimes it has left me quite close to my limit?

tt3641:
Ive been driving HGVS for a few years now in the Army and have just recently started doing some agency work on my weekends to gain a little more class 1 exsperiance as i am soon to be coming out to start a career as a truck driver.

Careful of weekly rest requirements, if you work 5 days a week you can usually only do one days driving per fortnight.

tt3641:
and does (as ive been told) driving and reversing around a depot not count towards my total daily driving hours (as its can me take up to 10 mins plus for me to reverse somtimes much to the amusement of the forklift drivers and other drivers around!!!) and how do i then adjust that on my digital tacograph at the end of the day as sometimes it has left me quite close to my limit?

You were given bum information, it all counts toward you daily driving total so no adjustments to be made at the end of the day

A copy of this may help

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … hicles.pdf