taco help

Hi I mite be asking a silly question but best to get my fax’s right
Frist question is I know I have got to do 4.5 hours but I noticed on my taco it change over from driving to other work now is that included in 4.5 hours or not do that make sense?

Next question is my taco was 1 hour ahead ie my watch was saying 11.00 right time but taco was saying 12.00 but when I printed out my days work notice it says a had my break at 11.00 so my question is what time will be on may card?

Larst question is is I have done 4 hour 20 min so will it be a goo idea to have a break as I have found a place to stop or go on and find somewhere in 10 mins
Thank you for you Time
Paul

madeyemoody:
Frist question is I know I have got to do 4.5 hours but I noticed on my taco it change over from driving to other work now is that included in 4.5 hours or not do that make sense?

The digital tachograph automatically changes to driving when the vehicle moves and automatically changes back to other work when the vehicle stops moving.

You can do up-to 4.5 hours driving before having a 45 minute break, driving time is basically when the wheels are turning and does not include other work.

Only time recorded by the tachograph as driving counts towards the driving time.

madeyemoody:
Next question is my taco was 1 hour ahead ie my watch was saying 11.00 right time but taco was saying 12.00 but when I printed out my days work notice it says a had my break at 11.00 so my question is what time will be on may card?

All activities are recorded on your driver card and in the VU in UTC time.

If you mean the time on the display was out by 1 hour it can be changed, local time as on the display can be changed but the UTC time can only be changed by 1 minute per week.

To change the local time go into the tachograph main menu and scroll down to “vehicle”, press “OK” then scroll down to “local time”, press “OK” and change it to the correct time.

madeyemoody:
Larst question is is I have done 4 hour 20 min so will it be a goo idea to have a break as I have found a place to stop or go on and find somewhere in 10 mins

You don’t have to do 4.5 hours driving before having a break :confused:

If you’re not familiar with the area, by the time you’ve done about 4 hours driving you should start looking for somewhere to stop and have a break, if you leave it too late you’re likely to run over the 4.5 hours driving time.

tachograph:
You don’t have to do 4.5 hours driving before having a break :confused:

If you do then you do not ‘lose’ driving hours which you may be thinking

Example for a 9 hour driving day
3 driving
45 break - driving time reset
2 driving
15 break
1 driving
30 break - driving time reset
3 driving