Not sure about tacographs and hours!

hi guys im new 2 this site a few weeks, passed my theory few months back, then passed my class 2 month ago, have my mod 2 case study 2morrow not sure how hard that is either :frowning: , but anyway ive got this far and im not sure how the tacograph and digi works, havent bein showed anything by trainer or anything, is anybody else on same boat, any advice be gr8t guys! :wink:

Mod 2 is just putting theory into practice by working it into case studies. It’s all multiple choice. Best of luck.

Congrats on your C pass :slight_smile:

For tacho try this simulator…
http://www.fomento.es/transportes/simulador/ing/simulador_adsl.html

Does a tacograph count the number of tacos you eat■■?

A taco is a traditional Mexican dish composed of a corn or wheat tortilla folded or rolled around a filling.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

cheers dar1976 :wink:

thanxs for upload mkb600 very helpful, appreicate m8t :wink:

Hi all,
I don’t understand it too. AFAIK you can drive 9 hours a day and 10 hours twice a week. 90 hours in any 2 week period.
So how people work 12-15 hours a day? And what happen if you are just a few miles from home or depot and your time ran out?
Any halp with this appreciated :unamused:

If your time runs out… it runs out no matter where you are you stop in the closest safe place and phone in. It is YOUR licence at risk. However iirc and you run over a few mins (occasionally, as in not regularly) and you can explain that unexpected delays, accident, or whatever, print out and write on slip why you ran over, you MAY get away with it. Do it every shift and it does not look good.

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_Theme_files/Goods_vehicles_tachograph_hours_1111_3.pdf

a little light reading

im same boat as your self madride, check out tacograph simulator above you mite find useful :smiley:

I was fairly worried about tacho as well but up until Tuesday, I used it for the first time and it’s easy as pie. When you’re approaching your 4 and a half hours just pull over and set it to break, I sat 46 minutes and then pulled off again and it reset my driving time.

Easy peesy. :slight_smile:

THANXS SAM MILLAR, FOUND THAT A BIT EASIER TO UNDERSTAND :smiley: , BUT WERE DOES THE 15MIN REST OR BREAK COME IN 2 IT?

your 45 min break can be split into a minimum of 15mins followed by a minimum of 30 mins before you get to your 4 and half hour driving limit.

MadRide:
Hi all,
I don’t understand it too. AFAIK you can drive 9 hours a day and 10 hours twice a week. 90 hours in any 2 week period.
So how people work 12-15 hours a day? And what happen if you are just a few miles from home or depot and your time ran out?
Any halp with this appreciated :unamused:

Your working day consists of driving, other work, breaks and periods of availability, known as POA which might or might not be used by whoever you work for.

You have the driving hours correct in your question and this applies only to actual time spent driving.

Other work is also recorded along with breaks and POA if used. Your maximum working day is 15 hours. If you work up to 15 hours then you will only be able to drive 10 hours at most so the remaining time will consist of breaks, other work such as loading and unloading and POA if your company use it.
Don’t be afraid to come back and ask more questions on this. Many drivers have trouble, even experienced ones!

Don’t forget that you don’t have to drive for nearly 4.5 hours before having a break (of 45 minutes or whatever it takes to reset driving time). You could, for example, do 3 hours driving, 45 mins break, 4 hours driving, 45 mins break, 3 hours driving or whatever (as long as it’s legal - you can only drive for 10 hours twice a week at most), though to reduce the working day and maximise driving time available, I tend to try to drive as much as poss before a break.

thanks for the explanation. Hope I’ll understand it all some day :unamused:

Hi mate the case studies are ok just make sure you read the case study carefully and the question carefully and you’ll be fine. There is a website I used for my revision and it cost me £15 and it gives you about 20 case studies but they are NOT the case study you will be asked at the test centre. It’s drivingtheory4all.co.uk. Once you have passed this and are ready for your module 4 give me a shout and il email you a load of pdf’s off a cd i bought that I used for my test which was a god send and helped me get 100% in my module 4 test.

thanxs mrmikeygblue really apprecate it, thanxs 2 all for ur advice :smiley: