Anyone who's just passed noticed

…that other drivers talk to you differently now?

I’ve noticed the other drivers talk to me differently since i passed.
I mean the other HGV licence holders at work talk to me like i’m ‘one of them’ some havent spoken to me at all previously!
And some of the other couriers seem to speak to me differently now, many seem genuinely impressed!

It’s like they now look at me as a profesional driver and not just another ■■■■ in a Sprinter. :laughing:

Depends…

I know what you mean to a certain degree, by no means universal though.

I think people who are nice people anyway realise you have a qualification and respect that.

It is nice to feel respected sometimes.

Have you read the column in the insider about such things?

…I’ll link it.

Similar theme anyway…

insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1083

…and very funny.

It’s like they now look at me as a profesional driver and not just another [zb] in a Sprinter

You’ll alway’s be a ■■■■ in a sprinter.They all are :laughing: :laughing:

Prefer VW LT’s personally, much better drive :wink:

dennisw1:
…that other drivers talk to you differently now?

I’ve noticed the other drivers talk to me differently since i passed.
I mean the other HGV licence holders at work talk to me like i’m ‘one of them’ some havent spoken to me at all previously!

some people are like that. this is certainly not the first time i have heard of this kind of behaviour. class 1 drivers can be like that too when you pass that test. i drive both but i still notice the difference. some artic drivers show a lack of respect when i drive a rigid. i just let them get on with it :unamused:

It’s all very silly though…I know of several people with C+E who drive 7.5t cos the money isn’t much worse for less hassle.

Andyroo:
…who drive 7.5t cos the money isn’t much worse for less hassle.

Very true.

One of them get’s £6.50 an hour for driving a 7.5t for a local timber merchant (he has C+E from the army), which is exactly what I get for driving a 14t for a different local timber merchant.

Local agencies advertise £7.50 an hour for C+E on day work.

i agree when i work for longs of leeds when i was on the rigids the artic wouldn talk to you but when i went on the artics the rigid lads wouldn talk to me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Andyroo:
One of them get’s £6.50 an hour for driving a 7.5t for a local timber merchant (he has C+E from the army), which is exactly what I get for driving a 14t for a different local timber merchant.

I had a similar experience, would have been better off driving the 7.5 tonners than an LGV rigid which IMO isn’t how it should be. Surely the whole point of tests and qualifications in any industry is to improve your job satisfaction / pay :bulb:

Andyroo:
It’s all very silly though…I know of several people with C+E who drive 7.5t cos the money isn’t much worse for less hassle.

when i was driving for agencies i had to drive everything from artics all the way down to cars. when you are driving a car, NO ONE talks to you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well depends what sort of car it is, i’m always getting people come to me to talk about my mini! :smiley:

Still i suppose now i’ve passed i should stop talking to all the Sprinter drivers? :laughing:

the only time i have driven a car for an agency was a toyota…not the corolla, the other one that was out on an M reg. anyway, i had that because their transit had broken down. the problem was that the car was covered in sponsorship for some professional golfer that no one had heard of :laughing: