Anyone looking for regular UK - Malaga runs?

Before I approach some of the bigger firms, are there any owner drivers here that would be interested in regular runs from Hinckley to Malaga?
1 collection, 1 drop. Full loads southbound and empty stilliges back on every third run.
Quotes and questions by pm please.

Thanks,
Ben.

– UPDATE 05/02/10 –

Right, in answer to the questions Im getting…

I have been asked by a regular customer of mine to price this job up so Im looking for quotes. (I dont run international anymore)
The work should start by mid March.
We can load the goods onto Curtains, Fridges or Boxes.
There will be 1 load a week southbound and 1 load every 3 weeks to come northbound.
Weights are approx 22t (FTL) to Malaga and 6t of empty stilliges back to Hinckley.

I will update this thread when I know some more.

If you are interested, please pm me with your quotes.

Regards,
Ben Hunt
BH Haulage Ltd.

Would a 24 plt fridge be any good ?.

Would be fine. PM me with a quote.

pm d :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

anybody heard anything more on this ■■

or are the poles doing it for 500 quid ?

meagain:
or are the poles doing it for 500 quid ?

You could be on the money with that one, but the romanians will do it for 450 :frowning:

I pm’d the OP and got a bit of a conversation going until i quoted a price, not heard a thing since so maybe the remarks about cheap eastern europeans might not be far wide of the mark.
i always thought if you were too dear the customer would at least tell you :open_mouth:

are you an o/d wbis ?
only reason im asking is that i thought you worked for a spanish firm ■■

meagain:
are you an o/d wbis ?

Even as an employed driver It`s still worth keeping a look out and touting around for work if it keeps you, your boss and the company busy. If you heard of some work going and it was going your way,backwards and forwards from Europe then put a quote in on behalf of your boss, if he gets the gig then you have employment, he makes money, you make money and maybe you may even get a little “thankyou” from your boss!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah ok, the last bit sounds a bit extreme but you never know!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bullitt:

meagain:
are you an o/d wbis ?

Even as an employed driver It`s still worth keeping a look out and touting around for work if it keeps you, your boss and the company busy. If you heard of some work going and it was going your way,backwards and forwards from Europe then put a quote in on behalf of your boss, if he gets the gig then you have employment, he makes money, you make money and maybe you may even get a little “thankyou” from your boss!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah ok, the last bit sounds a bit extreme but you never know!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

i work for a co-operative and i’m paid percentage so if the truck earns so do i, but as the girl in the office isn’t perfect with her english i often communicate with uk firms about work. i registered the trucks for the LEZ in english because the boss said please.
didn’t know only o/d’s were allowed to quote for jobs :unamused:

why the :unamused:
just asking a question :unamused:
didnt realise i couldnt ask questions about o/ds on an o/d forum :unamused:

meagain:
why the :unamused:
just asking a question :unamused:
didnt realise i couldnt ask questions about o/ds on an o/d forum :unamused:

i put the :unamused: because you asked as if i wasn’t allowed to quote not being an o/d
firstly the OP also posted exactly the same in the european forum which i answered
and secondly surely this forum is not solely for o/d’s? after all fleet operators could be anybody sat in an office
but don’t worry meagain my quote was obviously too dear so i’m not poaching your o/d work as after quite a few PM’s i’ve not heard anything for a while whereas i would have been polite enough to have notified those unsuccesful

Bravo wbis, has any one got this work?

who knows biffo? i’ve not heard anything for a couple of weeks so i suppose it’s been covered by now,
we have 2 trucks every week tip darlaston and our fleet floats around 30ish but we won’t work for crap rates so sometimes we run into belgium empty because the rates in the uk are dreadful at the moment

i guess this is the easy way to see what you guys would charge to do the job, and then mr x can go to the customer and put his price in on the knowlage you lot have pm for price etc, just a little thought i had, and the job was not really on offer to anyone out here, as why would some one go to the big boys and have change of mind and offer it out on here?? think it was just so they could get a price and go back and put there own rate in prob be wrong as normal tho :grimacing:

wbis, sorry if i offended you but i did not write or infer anything in my post that was agressive or out of order , you merely seem to take offence at any post that does not suit your way of thinking .
i was just asking to see if you were an o/d as i may have some work to your area.
you do seem be thin skinned or overly agressive on these forums maybe some counselling is needed :smiley:

I am an O/D and have got very soft skin …!! I am looking for work PM me for a rapid responce…

Little Legs:
I am an O/D and have got very soft skin …!! I am looking for work PM me for a rapid responce…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :astonished: nice :laughing:

meagain:
wbis, sorry if i offended you but i did not write or infer anything in my post that was agressive or out of order , you merely seem to take offence at any post that does not suit your way of thinking .
i was just asking to see if you were an o/d as i may have some work to your area.
you do seem be thin skinned or overly agressive on these forums maybe some counselling is needed :smiley:

not offended in the slightest meagain, you must be stalking me though if you know what posts wind me up :laughing:
i think globby hit the nail on the head as to the OP asking for quotes then going in with his own price.
never mind things are picking up so should be enough work for all :laughing: :laughing: