Anyone here running an R series scania with

…a Kelsa Eurobar, like this

If so could you tell me how its attached to the front? do you have to drill holes or does it bolt straight on?

Reason i ask is that ive been thinking of getting one of these for mine, boss has agreed in principle that i can fit it only if i buy it myself, fit it myself and that it doesnt involve any drilling or messing with the bodywork that cant be changed back :slight_smile:

Also whats the wiring like?

Thanks for your help in advance :smiley:

the kelsa bar should come with mounting brackets that bolt to the front of the chassis/cab…then the bar bolts to them.

on the DAF XF, there is no need to drill any holes anywhere to fit a Euro bar, on Volvos’ you need to make holes for the mounting plates, i “think” on the Scania, you need to fix the brackets to the lower grill and there is also another retaining bolt that goes through the lower grill to stop it dropping down every time you hit the brakes.

top one bolts on, no drilling needed

Bottom one does need drilling,

it bolts trough the grille itself in four places, and because of the extra weight if you look in the picture you can see a black turn screw to the left of the lightbar, you needed to drill two holes here too to fit these turn screws otherwise the first bump you go over your step will fold down !

Im not aware of any bottom bars for the Scania that dont require drilling of the grille.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

definately need drilling i’m afraid

there is a bar you can fit without drilling the grille it,s polished stainless and will take 4 x hellas will post a pick of one i fitted last week

Oh well thanks for letting us know before i spend out on one, Boss says no drilling and thats that :frowning:

truckspark:
there is a bar you can fit without drilling the grille it,s polished stainless and will take 4 x hellas will post a pick of one i fitted last week

Hey that looks alright, what make is it and where did you get it?

Can you still open the lower grill with it fitted?

grayham iv,e sent you a pm