Anyone heard of RAE logistics Devizes

What are they like?Euro work.Groupage.ADR. :sunglasses:

Nope, you got ADR then ?

Yes have ADR packs and tankers but not radioactive and explosives classes,that costs a fortune,mainly for quarry work.
How s the job hunting,it is a waiting list at S&K at Barry,i tried Paul Mathew,on concert/theatre work,no luck.It was weekend work at ÂŁ95 per day,ÂŁ22 N/O and ÂŁ55 if work on bank holiday plus the ÂŁ95 day rate.They go to europe on tours. :cry:

No luck here. Are you dong a trip for them, are they (RAE) unmarked trucks ? as I don’t remember seeing them on the road.

RAE jobs have gone,i never heard of them.Ralph Davies no response too,some guy on here wants drivers for UK/Iran/Iraq from next year,does that job come with a hard hat and body armour,i would only go if had a weapon,pistol under the seat.As for life insurance??

UK / Iran / Iraq, thats a nice long trip :smiley: :laughing: Who’s that with ? pm please. :smiling_imp:

Trips are from 2 to 4 weeks long,i am looking now to find it on trucknet,one of the forums somwhere.He wants high calibre and serious drivers.

toby1234abc:
.He wants high calibre and serious drivers.

Sorry, but just saw this :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

toby1234abc:
…some guy on here wants drivers for UK/Iran/Iraq from next year…

Ooooooh…send me some details too toby123456789abcdefghijk. I wouldn’t mind doing runs like that if the money was right :stuck_out_tongue:

toby1234abc:
some guy on here wants drivers for UK/Iran/Iraq from next year,does that job come with a hard hat and body armour,i would only go if had a weapon,pistol under the seat.As for life insurance??

You would be shipped straight out if they discover a weapon in your truck.
You don’t have your own truck either, you’re allocated a truck for each trip.

What good is a pistol under the seat? I think there would be quite a welcome for any British trucks going anywhere near there, or any Britisher driving them.

raymundo:
What good is a pistol under the seat? I think there would be quite a welcome for any British trucks going anywhere near there, or any Britisher driving them.

I think the idea is that it could be used to ‘defend’ yourself. :laughing:

In reality, if you get to the point of having to use a pistol, the best thing to do with it is to kill yourself quickly.
Preferably leaving the pistol empty, so it can’t be used immediately against your colleagues. :unamused:

A member on here went over to drive trucks in that area, on a contract with an American company. In fact he did two tours. The first tour was very well paid and the accommodation between trips was fabulous. For the second tour, a new company had gained the contract, by the usual method of slashing the rates. His workload was a lot higher, the accommodation had slipped back enormously, as had the pay.
There are photo diaries about his two tours in here somewhere. It was a few years ago though, on the phpBB2 boards I think (before we moved onto the phpBB3 boards that we’re using now).
I can’t remember who it was, possibly one of the Jon’s, but probably not ( :unamused: ), if anyone wants to try a search. Sorry about the very sketchy details, my memory has never been great and seniority is making it worse :laughing: :laughing:

In short, they have enough drivers and have no particular desire for either British trucks or drivers. They’ll treat you just as badly as you’re treated over here. Except your more likely to get shot at, which isn’t generally a major consideration over here. :smiley:

Simon:
Except your more likely to get shot at, which isn’t generally a major consideration over here. :smiley:

Haven’t you been in Toxteth recently■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Scotchbaz:

Simon:
Except your more likely to get shot at, which isn’t generally a major consideration over here. :smiley:

Haven’t you been in Toxteth recently■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, I have, which is why I said “generally” ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:grimacing:

I think Neil46 was the fella who went to war!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50862&p=605233#p605233

44 Tonne Ton:

Thats the chap 44 tonne, it must have taken you ages to find him from the clues I gave :smiley:

Simon:

44 Tonne Ton:

Thats the chap 44 tonne, it must have taken you ages to find him from the clues I gave :smiley:

No this is one of those increasingly rare occasions when I could actually remember who you were talking about! :grimacing: