Happy Dave's last stand!

Im fed up!! My Uk trucking job was getting boring and not earning me hardly enough to keep my P Reg Magnum afloat so i started doing some international work to Germany, all very exciting at first (see previous posts) but now the end is near, im loosing money fast and wont be long before i go broke and have to sell my prize Baby Magnum, any ideas darlings?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :unamused:

WHAT about asking a belgian or dutch firm for work you could even try asking a german transport company. and stay out of the UK for 3-4 weeks and then do the UK , you would then have the benifits of the lower fuel by useing
LUX as much as possible,Is your lorry ADR–haz specs so that you could say pull a road barrel or container set up,the rates are better,for germany try
Talke , hoyer, you could also ask ifthey have any trips over for a tilt as they do have these type of loads as well, the above is a short selection of tips hope it helps a little bit,

for international work from the UK how about HAUSER–BRADFORD;
BRIT-EUROPEAN–STOKE-ON-TRENT; DAVIS-TURNER- DARTFORD
FRANS MASS- BIRMINGHAM; to name a few.

only advice I can give you is to avoid NorfolkLine.
I worked for them for a few weeks and found the money was a joke,
put the wagon back onto UK work until I can find another alternative, preferably one that pays

adr work on containers doesnt pay any more than a regular job these days. with all the euro bable as well i doubt that road barrel work will to

whats the unit plated to abbey road tanks are useally looking for od’s as are cargill usually but you will need a 44tone unit and a blower

In Europe transporting liquids ADR -HAZ DOES PAY MORE THAN hauling a TILT:.and if you get into carying the special stuff like hot liquids 200.c plus
or the gas products again in road barrels or containers, then the rates are good .

Will a P reg magnum be allowed on ADR work in Germany Pete?

Even Abbey Road Tanks draw the line somewhere, and Cargill do not use owner drivers, the tanks you see in Cargill colours are operated by Interroute

Why not if the vehicle is ADR -HAZ certified and is in good condition, The only minus point that the vehicle does have is the weight,WE ´ USE LIGHT VEHICLES so that we are able to LOAD 28tn and still be street legal with room inthe tank,IF his Truck is not certified then staying this side of the water for a longer period might be the way to go, and then working this side of the water with the cheaper fuel and the right contract it must be possible to make a liveing,

I feel sorry for Happy. Its costing him a fortune to learn the ropes. Normally you work for an outfit doing international work then you put your own rig on it. But Happy is doing it backwards… Hope it works out. ( But I did warn you ) ((( I hate saying that )))

If you are looking for half decent loads back from Germany, then you could try the forwarder we use. They don’t do groupage, only full and half loads.

They are pretty busy at the minute, and can also sort out round trips if you want.

Jordon Freight Ltd
Tel : 01394 286 644

I should also point out that I do not work for this company, in fact they are one of my suppliers. But he is a straight forward kind of guy who won’t lie to you, or ask you to do someting that is not possible.

I don’t know exactly what they pay, but based on what they charge us, I think that you should be onto a fairly good crack.

leehellcat:
If you are looking for half decent loads back from Germany, then you could try the forwarder we use.

Jordon Freight Ltd
Tel : 01394 286 644

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You dealt with them before then ?

leehellcat:
You dealt with them before then ?

On more than one occasion

Ok, 'nuff said.

leehellcat:
I don’t know exactly what they pay, but based on what they charge us, I think that you should be onto a fairly good crack.

:laughing: oh how little you know of forwarders then leehellcat :laughing: :unamused: :laughing: