Anyone have a copy of Bob Tuck's book, "Classic Haulier

I’ve been told that it has a large feature on Glendinnings, along with a few other local fleets, but i cant find a copy to buy anywhere :question: :question:

Yes thats right, Classic Hauliers was published in 1989 by Fitzjames Press and carries the ISBN no 948358 02 5. This number should help your local bookstore order you a copy. If not try writing to Motor Racing Publications,Unit 6, The Pilston Estate Croydon CRO 3RY. These people were the distributors if i remember rightly. Bob also wrote Classic Hauliers 2 in 1991, which is also just as good. I hope you find a copy as they are both really good books. Rgds Mark.

Using the info provided in the previous post, go to http://www.abebooks.com

You might be surprised by what it reveals - especially if you search by author

this might also help

is on ebay.co.uk

edited due to faulty link :unamused:

thanks for the tips, i never knew he’d done that many books :open_mouth:
can’t get the isbn number to work on that website though, i thought they had to be ten digit numbers

Mark R, do you own a copy?

If you go to www.bookdepository.co.uk and type in Classic Haulier in the search box you will be given info on two versions of this book. They don’t have either in stock, but there is a link in the listing for each book to AbeBooks who list several stockists of both versions, some in the USA and some in UK.
I have found this site (Book Depository) invaluable in locating unusual books at good prices. If they have them in stock the price also includes delivery. (usually very quickly too!) :smiley: :smiley:

consettbell:
thanks for the tips, i never knew he’d done that many books :open_mouth:
can’t get the isbn number to work on that website though, i thought they had to be ten digit numbers

Mark R, do you own a copy?

I have copies of both volumes - do you need some information from them?

well to be honest with you i just wanted to see the pictures :blush: :blush: mainly of glendinnings, unless there are other fleets from my neck of the woods included

i dont suppose you could do me a massive favour and scan some of the pages and email me a copy?

it would be much appreciated if you could :smiley:

consettbell:
well to be honest with you i just wanted to see the pictures :blush: :blush: mainly of glendinnings, unless there are other fleets from my neck of the woods included

what, like robsons of carlisle, siddle c cook and crook & willington carriers?! get yourself a copy, excellent book

jj72:

consettbell:

what, like robsons of carlisle, siddle c cook and crook & willington carriers?! get yourself a copy, excellent book

He also wrote a book about robsons of carlisle

Try NYNEHEAD BOOKS That is where i got my copies from

have a look on amazon.co.uk, just type in bob tuck and all his books with price’s are on there, classic haulier 1 is abit pricey £110, so if anyone has a copy i would hang on to it, bumper

exactly bumper, its really the first version im after, but theres no way im paying more than £15 for it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: