New book "the great british lorry"

bought a new book yesterday, great read (although not finished it yet) some great pics from steam waggons to present day, not a bad price aswell £7.95. exclusive to WHsmiths.

cheers
gaz

tetragaz:
bought a new book yesterday, great read (although not finished it yet) some great pics from steam waggons to present day, not a bad price aswell £7.95. exclusive to WHsmiths.

cheers
gaz

Don’t suppose there’s any pics of a Guy Big J with a 240 Gardener in it is there :wink: I know someone who would like to look at it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hi altitude

there’s a few guy pics in it mate.

cheers
gaz

Will pop into Smiths later and have a look, cheers gaz.

Hi gaz,
It won’t have a picture of the engine sticking out of the back of the cab which Bewick insists on seeing :laughing: .
I will have to get a copy of the book,have got the new book of the hauliers from your way,haven’t read it yet.
Cheers Dave.

hey dave,

how you doin mate, i thought that bewick should know just buy looking at the front what motor’s in it :smiling_imp: :wink:

its a good read the hauliers from up my way.

cheers
gaz

Will give the book a go over Christmas gaz.I have truckerash book as well which I haven’t read yet,got a bit lazy when it comes to reading lately. Hope you are OK,we are fine this way.
Cheers Dave.

no excuse dave , get the lovely tracey to tuck you up in bed and read you a chapter at bedtime , dave

i’m good mate thanks, both book are a real good read, ive read ash’s book about half a dozen time’s :smiley: , i think it might be due for another go too :laughing:.

glad you keepin ok, we got to cause nobody else will do it for us.

cheers
gaz

Hi gaz,
Have read Alan Spilletts new book Roadscapes 11,more pictures than reading,but a great book.Have quite a few lorry books here which I have read over the years.Got about four still to read including the two I mentioned.
Cheers Dave.

tetragaz:

cheers
gaz

Hi gaz
Called into Smiths this afternoon, that’s a great book. I’m going in again tomorrow and Saturday to read the rest of it. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
cheers
John

Hello
I bought that book on Saturday, excelent read.
Well Done to Ian Allan for doing something desent and not about Bloody Buses!!!
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Will get the missus to get me a copy tomora :smiley:

altitude:

tetragaz:

cheers
gaz

Hi gaz
Called into Smiths this afternoon, that’s a great book. I’m going in again tomorrow and Saturday to read the rest of it. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
cheers
John

hahaha good one altitude

The missus went into W H Smiths to get me this and they didnt have it,does anyone know who the author is and the ISBN number please

BIGRIG:
The missus went into W H Smiths to get me this and they didnt have it,does anyone know who the author is and the ISBN number please

The number == 978-0-7110-3692-5 Only the publishers name on book–Ian Allan Regards Larry

Thanks for that :sunglasses:

This book is a bargain @ £7.95, I was delighted to the see the Currie & Co Commer artic 1940s era, my late Grandad was their road foreman.The history of road haulage is great. Its a must for you drivers. Regards Larry

Lawrence Dunbar:
0This book is a bargain @ £7.95, I was delighted to the see the Currie & Co Commer artic 1940s era, my late Grandad was their road foreman.The history of road haulage is great. Its a must for you drivers. Regards Larry

Can you post a pic of the cover please

I tried ordering it on WH Smith online but the ISBN number wasnt recognised :confused: