New book "the great british lorry"

BIGRIG:

Lawrence Dunbar:
0This book is a bargain @ £7.95, I was delighted to the see the Currie & Co Commer artic 1940s era, my late Grandad was their road foreman.The history of road haulage is great. Its a must for you drivers. Regards Larry

Can you post a pic of the cover please

Sorry I will have to wait until my grandson comes, he has put all my stuff on for me, his is going to show me how to do it,I have all the gear I need but not the know how, but Im learning, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

BIGRIG:

Lawrence Dunbar:
0This book is a bargain @ £7.95, I was delighted to the see the Currie & Co Commer artic 1940s era, my late Grandad was their road foreman.The history of road haulage is great. Its a must for you drivers. Regards Larry

Can you post a pic of the cover please

Sorry I will have to wait until my grandson comes, he has put all my stuff on for me, his is going to show me how to do it,I have all the gear I need but not the know how, but Im learning, Regards Larry.

No probs i get my son to do mine :blush:

I have checked the number & what I sent you is correct, Regards Larry.

BIGRIG:
I tried ordering it on WH Smith online but the ISBN number wasnt recognised :confused:

My good lady went into W H Smiths in Leominster they haven’t got it yet,but will probably have them.I tried on line as well.
Will be going into Smiths again next week and have another go.
Cheers Dave.

I had plan buying a book say Fodens history from the beginning to today but there is so many books and I guess amny is impossible gets and an idea is to go to second hand librarys but it isn´t so simple when one live in Sweden. Did you other have tip on god books about lorrys? The book should be with mych text and photos not only a lot of pictures.

Lars-Gunnar :slight_smile:

ianallanmagazines.subscribeonlin … bookazines

hth

Thanks Driver-Once-More,just ordered mine off your link.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

How did you paid for it? Card or PayPal? I can see I can log in. If I do so can I see more books then?

Thank you

FH13:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

How did you paid for it? Card or PayPal? I can see I can log in. If I do so can I see more books then?

Thank you

Paid by debit card,its the authors website Lars.
Cheers Dave.

Got mine from W H Smiths.Here’s just a taster.+ front cover for BIGRIG

Stanfield:
Got mine from W H Smiths.Here’s just a taster.+ front cover for BIGRIG 10

Thanks John im ordering it on the link posted by Driver,once,more.Thanks for your help peeps :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Book ordered :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ditto!! :slight_smile:

I have been reading all about this new book but have searched in vain online for it - cannot find it in Smiths, amazon or waterstons online - am based miles from any physical bookshop except for what I suspect is the smallest Smiths in the world - can someone give me an isbn so I can get them to order it, or tell me an online store with it on? regards, :question:
midwest wales?

Don’t know where you are Prosser, but there’s stacks of them in WH Smiths in Milton Keynes :wink:

Prosser:
I have been reading all about this new book but have searched in vain online for it - cannot find it in Smiths, amazon or waterstons online - am based miles from any physical bookshop except for what I suspect is the smallest Smiths in the world - can someone give me an isbn so I can get them to order it, or tell me an online store with it on? regards, :question:

Look at page one of this thread Prosser,there is a link on there.

Hoping the wife can get this tomorrow in Newcastle WH Smiths, its quite a big branch so it could be on the shelf, how come I haven’t read any reviews in the two Classic Commercial mags I subscribe to about this book, you would think this sort of thing should be hot off the press, a very reasonable price too. Franky.

I think it have been written many books about the same make but different authors have written about different models. Is there any books as have the whole history from the beginning to the bitter end? Or is there books as most shows pictures of different models and little text?

Thank you

Frankydobo:
Hoping the wife can get this tomorrow in Newcastle WH Smiths, its quite a big branch so it could be on the shelf, how come I haven’t read any reviews in the two Classic Commercial mags I subscribe to about this book, you would think this sort of thing should be hot off the press, a very reasonable price too. Franky.

Possibly because it has only been promoted by Vintage Roadscene (an Ian Allan Publication the same as the book ) and only available from Ian Allan direct or W.H.Smith.

Cheers classicman, that answers that then! The Mrs was succesful but said it was wrapped for Xmas, oh well at least I’m getting one present! Cheers Franky.