Anyone drive's for Co oP?

Somerfield is being auctioned off and The Co op are in talks now with Somerfield head office to up their bid because they have not offered enough for the company.
Co op only want the conveinience stores and the big ones I have heard Asda want.All rumours at this moment in time!

The Co op want a North West depot and Lea Green in St. Helens is ideal.
Just wanted to ask does anyone know if Co op are in house and if anyone works for them please.

Thanks. :confused:

i used to work out of coop retail logistics halesowen
all transport done by coop retail logistics . i left 2 years ago and i was on 24k that was on class 2 …there is a guaranteed pay rise each year full sick pay …good company to work for plus you get ya store discount card …only reason i left was due to a family problem…some trucks might say acc …this is the old name for the transport…they changed the name now to coop retail logistics

I work for the co-op out of plymouth, there are certainly a lot worse firms to work for out their! Paid £10.77 per hr class 1 for 48 hr week, no overtime rates, just banked hours. Have been with them for over 3 years and average hrs are 40/43
per week (still payed for 48 hrs,nice!) Full pay up to 6 weeks sickness in first year
and then goes up for longer service. Crap rota 5 out of 7, obviously 48 hrs off every other week,
As i said earlier, good firm to work for overall, and it’s certainly turning into a dead mans shoe’s job down here as most comp. are only paying £7/8. ppr :open_mouth:

I used to work at the West Thurrock Depot. (the highest paid depot :wink: )Only left because I got a Mon-Fri job.
There was too many weekends for me, a lot different to when I started for them 6 years ago when it was ACC.
Average 48 hour week. No banked hours, national agreement got rid of them.
Not the worst company to work for :wink:

i think waitrose are interested in some of them they are not bad to work for 90% of the time

I work for the co-op up here in the North-East, overall its a good company to work for once you get through the door. Very few drivers leaving because of the wage (£28.800 for a 48hr week, £11.50per hour,class 1 nights) whilst most companies in the area are paying on average £7 per hour max.
work patterns are any 5 out of 7, work an average of 44/46hrs per week, and theres no banked hours.! Good conditions, ie, sickness, discount etc etc.
CRL “co-operative retail logistics” changed from ACC Distribution a while back, but most of the older trucks still have the old name on them.

Round here, we have a Co-op depot in Peterborough, and a Somerfield in Huntingdon which is operated by Wincanton.

Somerfield definitely is the easier job of those two depots. Co-op make you load your own empties ( :open_mouth: :frowning: ) -or at least they did four years ago!

That said, I think the Co-op offer a slightly better basic package. They were advertising in the local paper the other week. About £27k for a 48 hour week on CE if I remember correctly.

co-op are going back with a bigger offer for somerfield…
there at advanced talks…