Lea Green/St.Helens - Co-operative anyone?

Hi.
I’m looking for a opinions about CO-OP at Lea Green as on Friday I’m having an interview for a Class 1 driver.
Currently I work for Co-Op but in Godmanchester depot so I know the nature of the job(pushing cages and tight shop’s delivery bays). What I would like to ask is a opinions about atmosphere in the Lea Green, how do they treat the drivers etc.
I don’t think to stay with them for long, just to relocate to Manchester and then look for a decent job.
What companies would you recommend to work for within Manchester area?( no tramping and no 12hours+ per day)
Many thanks for any decent opinions and tips.
Cheers

It’s only down the road from me fella, and the place does not have a good reputation.

But like anything, you have to try it for yourself to really find out.

What have you heard about this place?
I work for a Wincanton at the moment as a Class 1 driver so I want to find out differences between my depot and Lea Green.

Usual stuff mate. Spoken to like crap, wagons are filthy, loaders don’t give a toss etc… but you will probably already be experiencing that so should be water off a ducks back.

I did a few agency shifts out of Wincaton Heinz at Wigan though, and the atmosphere is totally different. Having said that, curtainsider work in a 44t Actros is also much more desirable in my book. I nighted out for them a couple of times, it was like printing money tbh.

I’m working there now. Apart from the obvious issues regarding he stores you mention, I have no major problems there. The atmosphere amongst the drivers is alright. Planners are ok and most people get on with them. Big downer for me is the shifts, you’ll be working every weekend. I went there as a relatively new driver looking to gain some valuable hgv experience and I’m enjoying doing that for now. I rarely do more than 10 hour shifts. The loads can be ■■■■ but i just get on with it. If your looking for a stop gap and don’t mind doing weekends for the time being I would recommend it.