Any pics please harris road services or erf c40

hi all i am new to the forum and my father worked for them before and after nexus took them over he was based at lostock (where jack richards is now) and i spent every summer for years living in his new erf c40 it was one of the first sleepers they had and we did a lot of work for mars slough .pedigree petfoods at melton mowbray . and various other contracts . i can even remember after tipping my father finding a phone to ring and find a backload (no mobiles then) and remember when my father and 2 others got the hump with a guy (rep of some sort )been in phone for 20 minutes so they got a rope and tied the door of the phone box shut !!! if any one has any pics of h r s lorries or c40 s i would appreciate them as i have a young son that i am trying to give him a picture of his grandfather that died 2 years before he was born

Hi I have photos of my lorries when I drove for them at shotton works,and shotton paper in the mid 80s.But I don’t know how to post them to you.They are on my gallery at C Sheehan

Q

ERF C series

Not my photos…Found on net…

CCI13012008_00001-1.jpg

Stanfield:
Not my photos…Found on net…

Top photo

Outside ERF. Factory Sandabach
Harris were a big loyal customer of ERF
From the right to left: Peter Foden John Price(MD of Harris for 26 years) (A TDG company) Bob Chadwick (Sales Director ERF) cannot remember last one but was MD of ERF

Harris was TDG’s ( initially called Thames Lighterage) first company purchase in Northern England in the early 1950’s taking Harris out of BRS by a man called Harold Pallin who went on to create Freight Transport Holdings in Liverpool and lead TDG’s expansion in the Northern England of some 60 companies in total

Ken Broster retired MD of Harris

Regards Paul Anderson