Request: C and Eseries ERFs.

HAS anybody out there have any pics of C and E series ERFs run by firms such as A J Nelson scotland, Dens transport of Wrexham, Witham Plant of Essex, or Prestons of Potto/ FVS ltd■■? any posts would be gratfully recieved and maybe i could help out with any requests others may have? Cheers

I’ve got a few of Gibbs saved on this computer but got a lot at home of there ERF’s

Hello Euroscot, Think ive alot of them pics of yours, and saved em!! Good pics them mate, i take it youve worked for them?. Used to see one of their old C series quite often, when it was owned by Wenerley Farms Ltd, lolworth, Cambs. Think it went to them via Eric Vick.

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
Hello Euroscot, Think ive alot of them pics of yours, and saved em!! Good pics them mate, i take it youve worked for them?. Used to see one of their old C series quite often, when it was owned by Wenerley Farms Ltd, lolworth, Cambs. Think it went to them via Eric Vick.

Thats only a few that I’ve got that I posted up. I haven’t worked for them, I would have but they shut up shop before I could. My dad worked for them for 28 years. One of there old C series units is being restored just now back into their colours complete with a fridge van, should see it on the show circuit next year. I’m looking for one of their newer units to restore, an old DAF or Scania would be nice.

AH, right, excelent news about that C series, that will look the part with a fridge van behind it, i look foward to seeing it. There was one of there DAFs for sale at Fernwoods Dagenham not so long back, it wasnt there for long though, and i dont know if it went for export or was snapped by an o/d. What happend to that Sed-atki 411 shunter of theirs?

Yeah I know, I’m going to go for a look of it when i’m home, I saw the fridge van when I was home last, looked really good. What DAF was that at fernwoods, the super space cab? Is that the shunter they had that was just blue, think it had a stripe round it?? I have no idea what happened to that, it was just run on trade plates shuntin trailers locally from one yard to another.

Think it was a standard sleeper with air-kit, could of been a P plate. What lump is in the ERF? That reefer must be a Gray and Adams, they were reputed for not having any other make ,i heard?

It wouldn’t have been a P-reg one, the last 95 series they had was L-reg. The had 2 XF’s a space cab and a super space cab. If it was one of the old 95’s i think I might call fernwoods to see where it went. Was it still in Gibbs colours? I’m not sure whats in the ERF, I’ll ask my dad though, I just tell him the reg and he’ll tell me everything about it. Yeah they had a few G&A fridge vans back then but that wasn’t the only make in the fleet but towards the end they were all G&A’s. Its actually James Gray of G&A’s that is restoring it, he also owns the Daniel Stewart F88 you see at shows.

This is one I just found on the computer.

It was the livery that drew my attention to it, was some months ago mate, but might be worth a call. Well if the ERF comes out to the standard of the 88 itll be a belter! Loverly E16 that Euroscott, the BIG 16S are thin on ground now.

I’ll have to give them a call, just hope they haven’t exported it. What kind of state was it in?? Yeah it’ll come out just perfect, the fridge van looks great and the tractor unit is being sign written by the guy who orginally done the ERF from new. I’ve actually got a video in my house of a Gibbs DAF 2800 at work in 1988, you see a few of the ERF’s as well in it, passing each other etc on the motorway, I’ve had more than a few people ask for a copy but I actually got it from the Gibbs family so I’m not really keen making copies.

No! you keep hold of it mate, just ware it out makin copies of it, do 1 for back up maybe, things like that are gold dust, especially in years to come. As for the Daf, u dont see much of the stock when passin their place as they are parked facing inwards, but they clean em right up when they get em, so it didnt look that bad. If it was exported, chances are it would have gone to South Africa. When i Worked on Heavy Haulage for Stacey Contracts, his son ran haulage firm out there, and he used come over every couple of years and buy-up alot of DAFs and ■■■■■■■ powered ERFs as he said that were the most favoured makes out there and that they were easy to work on and far out lasted anything else.

Looks like its probably gone then. I’ve e-mailed fernwoods, lets see what they say about it, if I get a reply. If I get a few photos of the ERF when I get home I’ll post them up.

ok Scott, that would be great, ill look out for anthing ex-Gibbs or a cheap 1st Edition 95 you purchase down this end of the Country 4 ya.

ok thank you. Just out of interest have you seen this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ERF-C-Series-truck-lorry-DVD-rare-archive-footage_W0QQitemZ290277307424QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL?hash=item290277307424&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1297|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

euroscot:
ok thank you. Just out of interest have you seen this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ERF-C-Series-truck-lorry-DVD-rare-archive-footage_W0QQitemZ290277307424QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL?hash=item290277307424&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1297|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Hello mate, yes mate, bought this of a mate last year its got good footage including what i think are James Moffatt motors, powered by 8-pot Gardners. They are another favorite fleet of mine (i wonder why??).