Another one overturned

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … rd-6910325

> The heavy goods vehicle toppled over near to J12 of the M60

Makes it sound like someone sneezed frightened the poor truck which made it lose its balance to topple over…

I wish they got facts like wind blows truck over or speeding truck takes corner to fast or truck hits rabbit and rolls over
or Some nob cuts up truck causing mayhem :unamused: It Toppled over :unamused:

Regarding turning over. I’m nervous of kerbs on corners. Especially yonks back when driving containers. Would one flick you over if you hit it at even modest speeds? Have any of you had a near miss where you’ve caught the edge and some wheels have left the ground?

Lad’s that use that junction everyday said he was probably going too fast. We all make mistakes and ■■■■ happens.

That left hand kink on the slip road where the M602 splits off is pretty unforgiving if you carry too much speed into it, which is exacly what the driver has done looking at where the truck’s ended up. Another steering wheel attendant with a HGV licence.

I used to know a chap who nearly rolled a non-baffled tanker over before. He was starting to turn a a reasonable pace when some ■■■■ drove in front of him. He slammed on and the whole rig started to lean over with the sloshing fuel. It didn’t quite get to the point of no return and slammed back down.

Should imagine that was a brown trousers moment!

bazza123:
I used to know a chap who nearly rolled a non-baffled tanker over before. He was starting to turn a a reasonable pace when some [zb] drove in front of him. He slammed on and the whole rig started to lean over with the sloshing fuel. It didn’t quite get to the point of no return and slammed back down.

Listen guys if some [zb] drives in front of you there is a choice.

1. slam all on and risk toppling over
  2. run into them and damage their vehicle

a professional would make the correct choice.
an idiot would panic and slam all on.

what do we class as a steering wheel attendant

albion1971:

bazza123:
I used to know a chap who nearly rolled a non-baffled tanker over before. He was starting to turn a a reasonable pace when some [zb] drove in front of him. He slammed on and the whole rig started to lean over with the sloshing fuel. It didn’t quite get to the point of no return and slammed back down.

That’s a very simple decision to make sitting at a keyboard. Reality is a little different. In the blink of an eye given to overcome human instinct one can only pray that the outcome for all would be the right one.

cav551:

albion1971:

bazza123:

That’s a very simple decision to make sitting at a keyboard. Reality is a little different. In the blink of an eye given to overcome human instinct one can only pray that the outcome for all would be the right one.

Yes of course it is cav but having driven for many years(12 on tankers) I know exactly what my reaction would be in that sort of situation.
There are natural drivers and drivers that by no fault of their own seem to make the wrong decision.
Unfortunately some tend to over react and make a situation worse.
How many times do you see drivers doing exactly the opposite of what they should do when an emergency vehicle with lights and horns.
It is the same when a cat or a dog runs in the road.A professional knows exactly what to do.Some drivers make the wrong decision and make matters far worse.

albion1971:

cav551:

albion1971:

bazza123:

Yes of course it is cav but having driven for many years(12 on tankers) I know exactly what my reaction would be in that sort of situation.
There are natural drivers and drivers that by no fault of their own seem to make the wrong decision.

Unfortunately some tend to over react and make a situation worse.
How many times do you see drivers doing exactly the opposite of what they should do when an emergency vehicle with lights and horns.
It is the same when a cat or a dog runs in the road.A professional knows exactly what to do.Some drivers make the wrong decision and make matters far worse.

I gather both were moving at reasonable speed - your saying just carry on and slam into them, potentially killing them??

I’ve heard some stuff on here before but this takes the biscuit…!