Another one... a lot older!

This is an old one lol !!!
Fri Dec 14, 2007

Already loaded with blocks for Oban a 6am start and off I go across to Stirling and up Crianlarich to avoid the M8.
As the sun starts to rise the weekend’s weather starts to show what it has done.
This picture nearly cost me my life lol …
I climbed up and embankment grabbed the fence to jump over … and was thrown back …
bloody electric fences :blush:

As I travel up the road things start to get whiter as I approach Tyndrum…

I pull into The Green Welly shop for fuel

Filled up and a fresh coffee made Oban here I come

I pull up the gates for the yard only to find them locked, a quick call to their office, and they send someone round to tip me, this gives me time to take the ropes and nets off and put away. Into the yard a quick tip

And a call to the office Im off to Raera to collect a loaded trailer, The climb into Raera is steep … empty this means 5th gear manual and traction control selected … A quick photo of the road I have “just” left

After about 10 minutes of off road driving I get to the trailer stop, swap trailers and take a break and enjoy the warm sunshine in the quiet with a hot cuppa…

Break over I set off for Troon …as the afternoon sun starts to disappear… a few beautiful bits of scenery are revealed to the lucky ones …

I run down to Troon, get tipped and take a 45, Ive got about 2 hrs 30 left …I make Arrochar in 2 hrs 22 … :wink: and park up for the night …

Tuesday morning see me going to a place Ive never been (Achnabreck) I wait for Donnie and follow him in … the road has been missed by the gritters :unamused: and skid warning are plenty lol

I get there Roy is first inline to get loaded

This gives me time to set the trailer up

As I wait I see the forwarder off onto his travels to go and collect the timber for us to load

Once loaded I run down to Irvine … a quick tip …7 minutes … I sweep off

And head for my favourite van outside Hillhouse blocks for a break
A call to the office sees me heading for Kirkintilloch for a load of concrete lintels for Dunoon … off I go …
A quick load …less thasn 5 tons :slight_smile: and off I go … told that if I get to Dunoon by 530 they’ll tip me … I arrive at 522 …guess what …they’ve gone home for the night :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I park up and settle down… an early night… only to be spoiled by the local yobs setting fireworks off at about 1030 …just as I was falling into a deep sleep grrrrr…

Next morning I’m determined I’m going to get this off 1st I’m outside their gates at 7 …

Tipped and out of there by 815 …

I run back to our yard to collect the curtainsider… and run to Uddingston for a load of cement for Rothesay

I run up to Rothesay, jump on the “X-Channel” ferry

6 minutes from hand brake on … it’s off again …

Half an hours driving sees me at their yard , I’m told to just sit in cab and take a break … they’ll deal with everything :slight_smile:

half an hour later I’m off again and back on the ferry …I’ve to go back to Uddingston for another load for Dunnoon… I make it to Bellshill and park up for the night…

630 start Thursday sees me loaded in Uddingston and on my way by 8 … I stop for a couple of Sausage and egg rolls at Luss :slight_smile:
I get tipped in the builders yard in Dunoon … and then have to turn the motor …to get back out… …why do people think they can just drive into builders yards and dump ther van any where :smiling_imp:

I run back to Struchar and drop the curtain sider… only to discover my sheet has been rubbing omn the underside of the trailer it is covered in grease … half an hour with the steam cleaner on full heat sees it clean …

Old Donald loads me for Auchinleck … and off I go …

I get tipped and add my pile of wood to there’s …

Evey body seems to be stocking up for xmas just now…

Tipped I run to Hillington have a break and then continue on to Shira for the night…

Dingo LOVES it at Shira …it’s very dark and next to a cemetery … hee heee

Early start again Im off to cairnban to swap another trailer and head for Irvine …

Another quick tip

And Im off to my favourite van again for a break … next Im off to Lanark for a load of sand and gravel for Lochgilphead for Monday …

I leave the site and head for home, but take a quick snap

Excellent. More please if it isn’t too much trouble.