Another Newbie!

garnerlives:

Chris_NI:
Well folks, to say im gutted at the moment would be an understatement!!

I got in touch with DVLNI today and they told me my licence was posted on 22.1.09 with the cat c provisional added but due to it beeing posted so long ago they are classing it as “lost in post” so i now have to wait for another licence to be made up and posted before i can book my theory test!!

I pray that this licence actually makes it to me! Im trying not to think about where my original licence may be and who’s hands its in!! :imp:

This time send it recorded delivery mate, I did with mine, that way you know they’ve got it and you got cover if it gets lost in terms of cost for new one etc. I would trust them to arrange a ■■■■ up in a brewery, useless barstewards

ERR… It’s not him sending it to them - it’s them sending it to him :exclamation:

Its them returning it to me so unfortunatly i cant do much about it apart from watch the letterbox and hope it pops through lol. I really really hope it comes soon im so eagar to get going!

Yeah, I was just testing you…

Just got home from work there and found my licence at the door s just about to book my theory test!! Cant believe i can get the training underway now!! It seems to be the trucking industry is picking up in Northern Ireland too , ive seen a good number of class 2 and 1 jobs advertised on the local jobcentre website and a lot of them saying experience preffered but not essencial. Hopefully things will go to plans over the next few months and il get on the road!

:bulb: If not done so already - time to improve your general driving - it will give you a head start with the training :smiley:

Ive pointed my car interior mirror to the roof so i use the wing mirrors instead and im practicing using them as often as possible in everyday driving. Im also using my hands to feed the wheel rather than crossing my arms etc. Trying anything really to give me that little head start for my training! 1 of the main things im trying to do is control my speed, i find it hard to idle around the same speed, i always find myself slipping over the limit a bit or dropping down too far below the limit!

Was thinking more in terms of THIS ONE

Just studied all the tips and im going to put them into action in the car with immediete effect!! Hoping to get the theory booked for monday 9th march so it gives me time to tidy up on the questions but gets me in before the change to 2 different tests and higher fees from 10th march.

Chris_NI:
Just studied all the tips and im going to put them into action in the car with immediete effect!! Hoping to get the theory booked for monday 9th march so it gives me time to tidy up on the questions but gets me in before the change to 2 different tests and higher fees from 10th march.

I thought he question theory and HPT were 2 different tests in the UK now or is it different in NI?

The theory and HPT is still all 1 test at the moment in Northern Ireland, it changes next tuesday (10.3.09). Unfortunatly i booked mine today and the best they could do was the 19th so i gotta do it as 2 seperate tests but got them both on the same day only downfall is it worked out more expensive and i got like 5hrs between the 2 tests to kill lol.

Roll on 19.3.09 til i hopefully pass both parts first time! I got my training provisionally booked from 18-22may so it gives me time to save the funds and it means il be sitting my test on my 23rd birthday lol