Another newbie asking questions about hours & tachos

Hi there,

I’m sure many of you are fed up of these questions however i’m a tad confused.

I was always under the impression that you could work for:

10hrs with a 45 min break every 4.5hrs or split into a 15min and 30 min break for 2 days of the week

9hrs with 45min break every 4.5hrs or split into a 15 min and 30 min break for the rest of the week.

Taking in the maximum hours you are aloud to work a week.

However i keep seeing threads about people working 15hrs a day, how can that be■■?

Many Thanks
Paul :smiley:

the 9 & 10 hours is driving time

Truck & Driver has a VOSA dvd on the cover this month explaining hours rules - It might be a good idea to get a copy !!

PTC8:
Hi there,

I’m sure many of you are fed up of these questions however i’m a tad confused.

I was always under the impression that you could work for:

10hrs with a 45 min break every 4.5hrs or split into a 15min and 30 min break for 2 days of the week

9hrs with 45min break every 4.5hrs or split into a 15 min and 30 min break for the rest of the week.

Taking in the maximum hours you are aloud to work a week.

However i keep seeing threads about people working 15hrs a day, how can that be■■?

Many Thanks
Paul :smiley:

You have only mentioned DRIVING time - what about OTHER WORK and POA - these would be used to make up a 15 hour day.

Very simple example…

start 6am
other work 1hour
drive 4.5hours
break 45mins
drive 1hour
POA 2 hours
drive 2.5 hours
POA 1.5 hours
drive 1hour
other work 45mins
finish 9pm
15 hour day :slight_smile: (9 hours driving + 1hour 45mins other work counts as 10hours and 45mins towards the AVERAGE 48 hour week)

If I got this wrong coffeeholic will take great delight in shooting me :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What is POA please

ROG:
If I got this wrong coffeeholic will take great delight in shooting me :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You could try ducking…he’s not that good a shot (or so I’ve heard) :laughing: :wink: :laughing: :wink:

Manxman:
What is POA please

Period Of Availability - waiting around after being told that you will be doing so but being available if needed. - think I said that right…
:unamused: :unamused:

Manxman:
What is POA please

Period Of Availablity…I’ll leave one of the experts to fully explain (I got shot quite badly once for trying to explain something…the fact that I was wrong is just incidental!).

Shrek:

Manxman:
What is POA please

Period Of Availablity…I’ll leave one of the experts to fully explain (I got shot quite badly once for trying to explain something…the fact that I was wrong is just incidental!).

Chicken :unamused: :wink: :laughing: - I took the chance…

… now runs and hides…

PS - not meant as a personal attack - if taken as such please accept apologies :blush: :blush: :blush:

POA, :laughing: :laughing: thats sounds just like what I’ve been doing at work for the past couple of weeks after closing the plant down that I was running.

Asolutley sod all to do all day but sit drinking coffee and read the paper. I’ve always had a good work ethos and find it very difficult, but if all goes well I should have my redundancy confirmed soon with a definate finish date, I’ve suggested " gardening leave" but me being a lowly Civil Servant they wouldn’t wear it.