Breaks

explain to me how you would plan your day out around the tacho? i always wounder what the rules are with it etc and how much driving you can do etc

VOSA DRIVER REGS
Have a good read and if you do have any queries on the regs then coffeeholic or tachograph or geebee45 are the site GURUs and are probably the best members to help you and they answer most of these queries in the Forum for questions on drivers hours

In very simple terms, for most people doing a shift.

Maximum driving 9 hours, can be extended to 10 hours twice a week mon-sun

Must have 45mins break by 4hrs 30mins driving.

Can be split into two breaks 15mins and 30mins if you wish.

give you guys credit then i would be buggered lol i would forget and just drive drive drive

mickyblue:
give you guys credit then i would be buggered lol i would forget and just drive drive drive

Then you would get infringment,infringment,infringment and not be allowed to drive,drive,drive! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

lets not forget to add the wtd breaks in there as well,0-6 hours 15 mins,6-9 hours 30 mins! :wink:

Get yourself booked onto a driver cpc course for drivers’ hours. :laughing: :laughing:

mickyblue:

You’re not Polish,Polish,Polish by any chance are you?

nah i am english but i can act like one behind a wheel

The rules are plain and simple and you can get hold of the rules and regs anywhere…its certainly not rocket science like some people on here make out :wink:…its how you maximise and utilise those driving and duty hours by planning your breaks to get the most out of the day that counts and that in turn can set you up for the next day and the next etc etc…and that takes a bit of experience. :wink: :wink:

mickyblue:
explain to me how you would plan your day out around the tacho? i always wounder what the rules are with it etc and how much driving you can do etc

I thought this site was called TRUCK NET UK, by drivers for drivers?

enit?:

mickyblue:

I thought this site was called TRUCK NET UK, by drivers for drivers?

There’s also a forum for “New & Wannabe Drivers” too(i.e non drivers) :unamused: ,and other things that maybe of interest to NON truck drivers…after all most of the forums are OPEN to anyone…we’ve all gotta start somewhere eh,blokes only asking a question :wink: :wink:

bikemonkey:
There’s also a forum for “New & Wannabe Drivers” too(i.e non drivers) :unamused: ,and other things that maybe of interest to NON truck drivers…after all most of the forums are OPEN to anyone…we’ve all gotta start somewhere eh,blokes only asking a question :wink: :wink:

Quite correct, blokes only been on here long enough to make 367 posts.
Got to give him time I guess.

i am a slow learner

hi mickyblue don’t worry about it. i got a card out of Truck and driver and exp[lains the basics of Daily Driving, Weekly, fortnightly then breaks and the different types there is .

i willscan it in if you want and put it on here for you?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

u don’t mind, if it an’t to much trouble for you

like other posters have said i am not an HGv driver just something that is on the back of my mind in how you guys plan breaks etc and at what truck stops

i’ll give you an example…this was yesterdays driving and breaks for me

started at 06:55 at Thamesport and ran down to load in Portsmouth…stuck it on break at 08:42 - 09-49 whilst i was waiting to be loaded 2hrs 32 minutes driving which reset my driving time…then went onto weighbridge and got myself in position to be loaded on break from 10:27 - 11:21 on 15 minutes driving which then reset again
TOTAL 2hrs 32 + 15 =2hrs 47 minutes
then weighed off went back to Southampton tipped and turned on the Docks and down to Hythe to load…was on break from 14-29 - 14:46 at 1hr 52 minutes driving then from 14-51 - 15-11 on 1hr 55 minutes driving(as i’d moved for 3 minutes)…total of 37 minutes of break but not enough to reset it as your 2nd break needs to be at least a 30 minute if you SPLIT your break in 2/3 parts…now i didn’t want to reset my break at that point by having a 30 minute break as i was heading for Felixstowe and wouldn’t of made it if i’d of had it in Hythe…so i pulled out of there around 15:20 and drove up to Fleet an hour or so away and got there on 3hrs 20 minutes drive and had a break from 16:45 - 17:17 which reset my driving hrs leaving me with 3hrs 53 on a 10hr drive
TOTAL DRIVING 2hrs 32 + 15 + 3hrs 19 = 6hrs 6 minutes

i then drove to felixstowe arriving at 20:40 on 3 hrs 19 minutes driving
TOTAL for the day 9hrs 26 minutes 14 hrs 55 minutes duty :wink: (2hrs 32 + 15 + 3hrs 20 + 3hrs 19 = 9hrs 26)

hope this makes some sense :wink:

The best advice I can give if you are unsure is to contact Davey Driver and invest in one of his timers…that’ll keep you right

Semtex:
The best advice I can give if you are unsure is to contact Davey Driver and invest in one of his timers…that’ll keep you right

Are those the timers that still think it’s ok to do 3 X 15s and assume POA are breaks :question:

Now I stand to be corrected here but-
After they changed the law regarding breaks a few months or so back that if you split your break 15mins and then 30mins your last break has to be the 30 min one.
Have I interpreted it wrong■■?

The reason I ask is that in the latest HGV Theory test book is says on more than one occasion that you can take them in any order.