Another Newbie about to look for work! Herts

Hi Everyone,
Great forum, just wanted to say h. Passed my class 2 about 3 weeks ago and not long got my license back.
I am about to sign up to an agency to try and get some work but all i have been hearing is min 6 months experience before getting any class 2 work. The agency have told me that they will get me in 7.5 tonners for a short while to get some experience then if i am good enough they will get me class 2 work.
Been out today with my father-in-law driving one of his flat bed trucks, delivering turf on pallets. Had a good day with no mistakes and felt really comfortable driving. Pity he does not have more work otherwise he told me i could work for him for a while.
When i have got some pennies i want to do my HIAB and ADR licenses. Can anyone recommend any good companies for training in this field in the south herts, north london areas. My father-in-law has got a tipper with a grab which he said he will train me on but obviously will not have he proper qualifications. I did my driver training at 1st class trucking in enfield and ifound them really good, my instructors name was Giles and he was really good, could recommend him to anyone if they are not confident.
Anway any advice would be greatly received!

Jamie

I have also done my digital tacho course!

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome laughjimbo :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

:smiley: :smiley:
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

laughjimbo:
When i have got some pennies i want to do my HIAB and ADR licenses.

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time C+E (artic)employment :smiley: so perhaps putting any pennies towards a C+E may be worth considering :bulb:

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Thanks ROG.

I recently passed my class 2 and got my licence back a couple of saturdays ago. I signed on for an agency the following Monday and got a call the same afternoon for an early start the following day. I did 3 days last week. Last Monday I got a call at 1.00am asking if I could start at 5.00am with a big local logistics firm and I’ve done a full 60 hour week for them. I’ve got work lined up for next week as well so long may it continue. It’s been a great experience and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe I’ve been lucky getting a start early doors or maybe things are improving generally. Point being, sign with the agencies and keep looking, I’m sure the breaks will come. I went with the attitude that I’m prepared to have a go at anything, days nights, weekends so maybe that helped also. Good luck.

I just echo what Rog says, saving for your C+E gives you A LOT more oppertunities for work… Good luck! :smiley:

You could try J Coates in St Albans they do ADR and HIAB www.jcoates.co.uk

Thanks burnie1 i will have a look at them because they are only about 10-15 mins away from me.

Jamie

I done my cat c with Coates in Slough, i thought they were excellent. I faled the first time (my own fault). But when i went for the re-test a different instructor took me but the instructor who originally trained me was doing a fork lift course but he actually went out of his way to come over to me and wish me luck. Top bloke.