Class 2 test & work

Hi im new to trucknet and was looking for some advice. I’m hoping to do my class 2 at the end of January, I have already completed theory hazard perception and cpc case studies so I have only got to do the practical.

If all goes well and I get the licence would I be better looking for work with agency or with a firm?

All options would be appreciated

Thank you

Agency to start with seems to be the way to go but depending on what’s in your area is have a look at tippers and skips

The start of the year is traditionally a slow time for LGV drivers and being a newbie with no experience is not going to kame the job search any easier

If you already have a job then stick with it and get the odd day driving if legally possible under the rest rules

Suggest reading recent threads by those that have passed and checking out the link in my signature below

Where are you?
Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’m in Ashford, Kent

Thanks for the replies so far

I have no contacts in your area for work so cant help directly. Sorry.

It is a fact that it’s getting easier for newbies to find work. It is quieter between now and end Feb. If you can secure work directly with a company that’s almost certainly better than going via agency.

Make sure you check out your trainer and avoid brokers who go out of their way to look like trainers. Make sure you visit your trainer before parting with money. The only exception to this is rock solid recommendation.

Good luck with it all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

give lenham storage a try??