Another lift axle question

When I tip a fully loaded trailer in one go (fridge), what do I need to do with the axles on the unit and trailer? I always thought that they lifted automatically once the weight is taken off them but now realise this is not the case. Can anyone explain the correct procedure? Thanks in advance.

Look on the dasboard for a switch with two circles on it. Press that and the mid-lift/rear tag should lift providing you’re on a six wheel unit!
Not pulled a fridge or standard trailer for years so can’t help on that.

If they all lift then you are airborne. ‘four eight zero five is now ready for take-off’ will let other
fridge drivers know you will be overtaking them. :slight_smile:

beanie:
Look on the dasboard for a switch with two circles on it. Press that and the mid-lift/rear tag should lift providing you’re on a six wheel unit!
Not pulled a fridge or standard trailer for years so can’t help on that.

Beanie, thanks for that mate! That helps unit wise. Now does anyone have any advice to offer re: a tri axle fridge?

In what way? If its got rear steer its usually controlled from the cab for reversing. If its a lift axe then its on the side of the trailer. If its the fridge -set it & forget it. If you are on fresh produce work international in Winter set it @ +10C on the manual setting & it will protect it from sub-zero temp outside. If its on auto fuel saver it will cut out when it gets down to +10C & the top third of your load will be frozen.If you are doing strawberries in Summer leave a gap at the back for the air to circulate or there is a good chance of them going mouldy. Be v.careful with ice cream ,once it gets below -14C ?& starts to melt you cannot save it. Flowers never lower than +10C otherwise you will burn them .I don’t think they do swinging beef anymore? If they do set it -forget it ,& give it plenty of wellie & make sure you wash your fridge out when you tip or you will have 10t of flies in the back.V. important,if you have to get in the back make sure you got a fleece on or something . Get in the back when the fridge has been running in a Tshirt & you will get flu or pneumonia.Hope this helps?

RobRob:
Recently passed c&e after having rigid for 20 years and have a question re: lift axles.

When I tip a fully loaded trailer in one go (fridge), what do I need to do with the axles on the unit and trailer? I always thought that they lifted automatically once the weight is taken off them but now realise this is not the case. Can anyone explain the correct procedure? Thanks in advance.

we have a fridge trailer and its a heavy old bugger , sometimes the unit axle wont lift due to the weight of the fridge motor if that happens when you’re empty you should be able to over ride the thingy and do it yourself , on the odd occasion ive unwillingly dragged ours around ive had to do the same thing . I DONT LIKE FRIDGE WORK … :imp:

i really dont like my midlift down when im empty.

Tags on a fridge used to be a problem with ripping mudflaps and guards off the unit when they caught on the chassis rails, they can also give you problems with height on the continent.

Some trailer axles lift automatically when you take some load off, others have a raise lower button.