another jumper

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma … r-11499681

Feel very sorry for the driver, who knows what happened in this instance, did the passenger leap down not realising he was on the viaduct, or did he throw himself off?
Either ways my thoughts are with his family and the driver.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening … ay_viaduct

Apparently the fella jumped from the moving truck :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth:
This place is only just down the road from the ‘infamous’ Scammonden jumpers bridge :exclamation: :exclamation:

Maybe he was on one of these home delivery, set up and install the washer, 2 man jobs that seem to have become the new fad for a lot of company’s and he just couldn’t take another day of BS. :question: :question: :exclamation:

Feel for the driver, I’m sure his head will be completely wrecked :cry: :cry: and the young fella’s family must be in pieces right now.

Mind you even though he didn’t land on the road or threaten to land on the road it still looks like it caused massive disruption to the motorway network.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Turns out it was the drivers son. Poor sod. Story in todays Manchester evening news. Driver slowed to stop on hard shoulder as son was getting distressed, he then jumped from still moving truck and vaulted barrier.

Turns out it was the drivers son. Poor sod. Story in todays Manchester evening news. Driver slowed to stop on hard shoulder as son was getting distressed, he then jumped from still moving truck and vaulted barrier.

Thats absolutley shocking , how the hell do you cope after that ■■?

My thoughts and sympathy are with the driver today , terrible thing to see as it is , but when it’s your own flesh and blood !!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

so very sad, not much more can be said. :frowning:

This report was in the local paper, Huddersfield Examiner, today
examiner.co.uk/news/local-we … -27434653/

Very, very sad :confused: :cry:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Jesus that’s mad.

What would cause someone to do that??

waynedl:
Jesus that’s mad.

What would cause someone to do that??

I wish someone could tell me :question: :question: :question:

Chrissy 03/08/88 —04/06/03

as a father that is absolutely shocking and unexplainable my god it is dreadful to imagine. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning:

My heartfelt sympathy to his family. :frowning:

Ken.

Heartfelt thanks and support to those detailed to do the scraping up too, eh…

Sadly it is something that could happen to any of us without warning. Then we spend the rest of our lives asking why?, and could we have prevented it? The odds are we will never get the answer to either of these questions.

My thoughts are with all those involved and I think I speak for all those on the forum.

waddy640:
‘…we spend the rest of our lives asking why?, and could we have prevented it? The odds are we will never get the answer to either of these questions…’

The question ‘…why…’ is because they have taken the choice to do it - albeit through an unhealthy condition of mental health, the physical means to do it and the opportunity to do it.

'…

ould we have prevented it..?'  Over the course of [i]their [/i]lives prior to [i]their [/i]jumping, etc there are life-chances to learn of other ways to cope, but (obviously!) not all folk are receptive to them.
[quote="waddy640"]
'...Sadly it is something that [u]could happen to any of us[/u] without warning...'
[/quote]

This bit  depends on one's mental state - but it won't happen here, unless you're referring to encountering a needy person of which the planet has too many.

Are these answers ok?  If not, maybe pm me because the answers get sensitive beyond these basics.

Happy Keith:

waddy640:
‘…we spend the rest of our lives asking why?, and could we have prevented it? The odds are we will never get the answer to either of these questions…’

The question ‘…why…’ is because they have taken the choice to do it - albeit through an unhealthy condition of mental health, the physical means to do it and the opportunity to do it.

'…

ould we have prevented it..?'  Over the course of [i]their [/i]lives prior to [i]their [/i]jumping, etc there are life-chances to learn of other ways to cope, but (obviously!) not all folk are receptive to them.

This bit depends on one’s mental state - but it won’t happen here, unless you’re referring to encountering a needy person of which the planet has too many.

Are these answers ok? If not, maybe pm me because the answers get sensitive beyond these basics.
[/quote]
My first sentence referred to one of our close relatives or friends taking their own life. Those that plan to take their own lives do not always give any prior warning.

Some years ago my brother in-law died and some years later someone died where I was working at the time. No one was aware that they had this in mind until it happened.

Perhaps the biggest problem is that mental illness still carries a stigma and those needing help are not always able to ask for it.