Humber bridge

Had a delivery to make in Boston today and was traveling across the Humber Bridge at 4.30am this morning. Saw what I thought was some maintenance going on, as I drew closer it was actually two police men and a maintenance man holding on to some poor sole who was trying to jump off. Just thought that whenever your ■■■■■■ off things aren’t as bad as some others problems, I hope the chap is ok and has anyone heard any more of this?

I was on the A1 a bit since and there was another would be jumper. We were stopped for about 15 minutes and lots of folk were out of their vehicles talking.
Bothered me to hear most of the opinions were to just let him jump and let us be on our way. You don’t know what demons he’d got in his head.

sent using smoke signals

As this was in the process of happening when I went past and the time of the morning, no traffic was stopped, it played on my mind all day as you say, you don’t know what demons people are fighting. I only hope I hear the chap made it as it didn’t look good or too promising that they could reach him. There are some nasty people with comments of let him jump, but then their level of intelligence is low so may be forgiven.

You say their intelligence is low, but maybe they have seen this on a number of occasions but on less major route many times. There was a spate of this on the M1 last year if I remember correct. What ever the need/want why do they choose a time when it’s very busy■■? Attention seeking and they sure get the attention.

Have they tried to get help? Maybe many times and this is their last plea for help.

Yes I’ll get slated but if they wanted to take their life it could be done at home or elsewhere without having to involve so many other innocent bystanders who may not of thought of that “way out” but are now!!!

So let them kill themselves so less people are involved, which in turn MAY get less people contemplating this as a option to end it all.

Before you slate me bare this in mind. Yes I hit a very low patch and made a list on how to end it all, but in my mind I was thinking what causes the less hassle/inconvenience to others.

So if they wanna do “it” then go ahead and do “it” without involving others or get the help they want.

Believe it or not driving saved me my list no longer exists but I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IavAgo:
So if they wanna do “it” then go ahead and do “it” without involving others or get the help they want.

Sad little man, what a terrible attitude to adopt, very self centered and your life must be so much more important than his.

i was at a wedding in hull recently and got talking with one of the other guests who works for the humber bridge and he was saying it’s nearly a daily occurrence now where people are trying too end it there

IavAgo:
You say their intelligence is low, but maybe they have seen this on a number of occasions but on less major route many times. There was a spate of this on the M1 last year if I remember correct. What ever the need/want why do they choose a time when it’s very busy■■? Attention seeking and they sure get the attention.

Have they tried to get help? Maybe many times and this is their last plea for help.

Yes I’ll get slated but if they wanted to take their life it could be done at home or elsewhere without having to involve so many other innocent bystanders who may not of thought of that “way out” but are now!!!

So let them kill themselves so less people are involved, which in turn MAY get less people contemplating this as a option to end it all.

Before you slate me bare this in mind. Yes I hit a very low patch and made a list on how to end it all, but in my mind I was thinking what causes the less hassle/inconvenience to others.

Believe it or not driving saved me my list no longer exists but I do.

^^^^^^^^^ THIS.
I agree 100%

UKtramp:

IavAgo:

Sad little man, what a terrible attitude to adopt, very self centered and your life must be so much more important than his.

Totally agree, Tramp. If life is that bad, then get out of it, but do it out of my way!
And yes, I’m quite proud to be a cynical bstrd!

Think for the people that attempt suicide as a last plea for help then I’d sooner they got help, no matter how it delays my day.

But I guess we have a right to end ourselves. And in that situation I’d sooner they did it with as little impact on others as possible.

Suicide by train gets reported fairly often here and I always feel sorry for the drivers who must have to witness that person stepping out.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

UKtramp:

IavAgo:

At no point did I say my life is so much more important than his. It’s clear you didn’t read my last paragraph.

Yes I may be very self centred because if I wasn’t I would be dead. There are times when you got to think of yourself and sort your own ■■■■ out before anyone else’s.

Regards
A sad little man that’s actually a happy man.

IronEddie:
Think for the people that attempt suicide as a last plea for help then I’d sooner they got help, no matter how it delays my day.

But I guess we have a right to end ourselves. And in that situation I’d sooner they did it with as little impact on others as possible.

Suicide by train gets reported fairly often here and I always feel sorry for the drivers who must have to witness that person stepping out.

But only since 1961.

IronEddie:

Or the ones, or parts of, that actually come through into the drivers cabin ! That did happen to a friend who drives trains.

Twoninety88:

IronEddie:

Or the ones, or parts of, that actually come through into the drivers cabin ! That did happen to a friend who drives trains.

Jeez. That’s gotta mess you up

Anyone who is at such a low ebb as to contemplate killing themselves, someone who is so miserable and in such deep despair is probably not in the frame of mind as to reason of whether or not will it inconvenience anyone else. The poor chap is maybe calling for help, who knows. My point is I couldn’t care less if it holds my day up for more than an hour or so. If he gets the help he or she needs then my being held up is insignificant. Taking ones own life is a selfish act to begin with. Nobody wants to witness such an act and of course it can deeply scar some people. Obviously not many on here would be upset and if it held them up well that is so dam inconvenient. The man I witnessed attempting to take his life was in a suit, he looked well dressed and his car was parked at the side of the bridge which was a new range rover that looked like it was abandoned. I don’t think he was trying to inconvenience too many people at 4.30 am. I felt so sorry for this poor soul. I am not in the least surprised to hear comments of if he wants to kill himself then do it out of my way. I see nothing manly or particularly clever hearing such comments. It shows a lack of compassion and certain immaturity.

Depression does funny things to a persons mind. Maybe it is a last plea for help or maybe they really are looking for a way out. Unless you have suffered from depression you really won’t know what it does to you. If you do know and have beaten it then you are a bigger person for it but don’t hate on others who are in the same position as you once were.

IronEddie:

Twoninety88:

IronEddie:

had the misfortune to be involved with several suiside by train some successfull some not and the above is quite right the ones thay just stand there an let the train take them out are hard to deal with as your pretty helpless when you come around the corner at 80+ and tbey are 200 yds in front of you most make no attempt to stop or dont throw in a full service stop less mess for them to view .had two oocasions when i came face to face with a would be suicide the first a talked off of stockport viaduct he was taken aeay by police . the srcond was a young lady who had failed her degree badly and thought the world was about to end managed to get her parents number and they came and they took her home before the police and ambulance arrived saddly she returned two nights later and succeeded in killing herself .both incedents had a profound effect on my view of people with mental issues .

IronEddie:

Twoninety88:

IronEddie:

had the misfortune to be involved with several suiside by train some successfull some not and the above is quite right the ones thay just stand there an let the train take them out are hard to deal with as your pretty helpless when you come around the corner at 80+ and tbey are 200 yds in front of you most make no attempt to stop or dont throw in a full service stop less mess for them to view .had two oocasions when i came face to face with a would be suicide the first a talked off of stockport viaduct he was taken aeay by police . the srcond was a young lady who had failed her degree badly and thought the world was about to end managed to get her parents number and they came and they took her home before the police and ambulance arrived saddly she returned two nights later and succeeded in killing herself .both incedents had a profound effect on my view of people with mental issues .

UKtramp:
Anyone who is at such a low ebb as to contemplate killing themselves, someone who is so miserable and in such deep despair is probably not in the frame of mind as to reason of whether or not will it inconvenience anyone else. The poor chap is maybe calling for help, who knows. My point is I couldn’t care less if it holds my day up for more than an hour or so. If he gets the help he or she needs then my being held up is insignificant. Taking ones own life is a selfish act to begin with. Nobody wants to witness such an act and of course it can deeply scar some people. Obviously not many on here would be upset and if it held them up well that is so dam inconvenient. The man I witnessed attempting to take his life was in a suit, he looked well dressed and his car was parked at the side of the bridge which was a new range rover that looked like it was abandoned. I don’t think he was trying to inconvenience too many people at 4.30 am. I felt so sorry for this poor soul. I am not in the least surprised to hear comments of if he wants to kill himself then do it out of my way. I see nothing manly or particularly clever hearing such comments. It shows a lack of compassion and certain immaturity.

you know when you was in the army, and went to two war zones! :unamused: I take it none of your friends have killed themselves since being in civvy street? :open_mouth: it can happen to anybody, anytime and anyplace. Prime example; from falklands 1982 lots of Northern Ireland, first gulf and the former Yugoslavia they were lads in the regiment, some of whom were very good friends of mine who topped themselves. It happens, deal with it.

Fatboy slimslow:
you know when you was in the army, and went to two war zones! :unamused: I take it none of your friends have killed themselves since being in civvy street? :open_mouth: it can happen to anybody, anytime and anyplace. Prime example; from falklands 1982 lots of Northern Ireland, first gulf and the former Yugoslavia they were lads in the regiment, some of whom were very good friends of mine who topped themselves. It happens, deal with it.

I find this comment exceptionally creepy and extremely disrespectful, I will take this you most certainly have not been in any forces other than “your friends” who topped themselves. All of them was it?

Fatboy slimslow

Thanks for the reminder snowflake, I was just chillin out, you ■■■■■