Another artic in a ditch, same stretch of southport road!

Here we go again, take 4! Its amazing nobody has done anything about the lack of signs at the end of this road! I wonder if any have actually managed to make the bend?

The current one is here:

southportforums.com/forums/s … d=50378557

Some other recent ones are at

southportforums.com/forums/s … t=50376121

and

southportforums.com/forums/s … t=50375748

I bet the local heavy recovery blokes love it! :smiley:

Am i correct in assuming the lane is as narrow most of the length prior to that bend?
if it is as narrow, and Id turned onto the lane, id have got at most 100yds down before realising somethings not right, and stopped and reversed back and found another route

peirre:
Am i correct in assuming the lane is as narrow most of the length prior to that bend?
if it is as narrow, and Id turned onto the lane, id have got at most 100yds down before realising somethings not right, and stopped and reversed back and found another route

but what about “Boldly going forward, 'cause we can’t find reverse.” :question: :laughing:

funnily enough we attended the launch of yesterday annouced the launch of Navteq Transport this comprises of truck specific data for hgv’s. from what ive seen the data is even takes in axle weights

well that one goes to show that it aint the satnavs fault the driver was using a map. so is sat nav really to blame

nice motor though , i allways try and look on the bright side :laughing:

I remember the transporter one happening - it was posted on here.

Poor sods. :frowning:

flying_fenman:

Stupid muppets more like :unamused:

Look at the pictures and tell me, with a ditch like that and errmm what are they called ■■ :unamused: oh yeah mirrors, that you would risk that :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

montana man:

flying_fenman:

Stupid muppets more like :unamused:

Look at the pictures and tell me, with a ditch like that and errmm what are they called ■■ :unamused: oh yeah mirrors, that you would risk that :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I’d like to think that, personally, I’d not have gone down a road like that.

But I wasn’t there and I don’t know the circumstances. I don’t know if someone had told the driver that the place they wanted was down there or something. I’ve been lost before.

At the end of the day - the guy / gal made a mistake. I’ve made a mistake before. :wink: (Though not on this scale. :sunglasses: )