And yet another "Got any info on these ?"

The company is Matthews International Transport in Great yarmouth

If anyone knows what they are like to work for and what the pay is like ect , i would be grateful if they would share this info , As i’m thinking about applying for a job with em, assuming that they actually need drivers

can you speak Polish? :unamused:

polski? no comprehend e.lol

strange as the application form is like the Spanish inquisition several pages of it loads about medical conditions ect, http://www.matthewstransport.co.uk/ as i thought just being polski guaranteed you a job with such companies

Last I heard it was £70 a day including night out money

daleyboy:
Last I heard it was £70 a day including night out money

OK well I won’t be working for them then!

ME neither £70.00 per day with night out money included? worse than GBA (akaGB-BETZ)
so lets say £50 tax deductible a day =£5.00 per hour on a 10hrs day not even the min wage joke wage that is

shuttlespanker:

think you’ll find they’re mainly hungarian :open_mouth:

tommy t:
The company is Matthews International Transport in Great yarmouth

If anyone knows what they are like to work for and what the pay is like ect , i would be grateful if they would share this info , As i’m thinking about applying for a job with em, assuming that they actually need drivers

Don’t know what pay is like but they do a lot of banana containers from Felix to Fyffes. Trucks are old knackered FH12 380 and 420 GTs, some on cloggy plates iirc. The drivers I used to meet at Fyffes when loading used to absolutely stink and I never came across any that could speak English.

I don’t think there are many English speakers in Norfolk.

I believe Matthews took over Derek Coopers a while back.

Most of their motors are old - they really have to go to earn anything - they come past my house at hell and all speed even though the limit is 40 - never seen one driver who works for them smile or relax
when i worked for DHL our new transport manager came from them and he was a complete Ahole - no regard for the drivers and wanted productivity over anything else - needless to say i soon left and so did 6-7 others and although i cannot prove it i recon DHL wern’t happy about so many drivers leaving in such a short time after he joined
cheers
Steve

A few of the drivers can be found in Folkestone on a weekend and no they are not polish! I cant comment on the wages but the trucks are not too bad. A lot of pharmaceuticals to bulgaria and beyond I believe. The reason you dont see them so much is because they are always over the water!! I know they have a regular contract to Turkey.

skids:
A few of the drivers can be found in Folkestone on a weekend and no they are not polish! I cant comment on the wages but the trucks are not too bad. A lot of pharmaceuticals to bulgaria and beyond I believe. The reason you dont see them so much is because they are always over the water!! I know they have a regular contract to Turkey.

I thought that was Bernard Matthews Turkeys

welshboyinspain:

shuttlespanker:

No problem for many British people, they seems to think that we are the same and are very surprised when I cannot translate Hungarian people for them :wink:

waddy640:

skids:

I thought that was Bernard Matthews Turkeys

It’s the same company mate, lots of people make the same assumption as you tho, up until about 10yrs ago i thought the same as you!

In reply to the OP, check out this link…
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30785&p=330279&hilit=matthews+yarmouth#p330279

orys:

welshboyinspain:

shuttlespanker:

No problem for many British people, they seems to think that we are the same and are very surprised when I cannot translate Hungarian people for them :wink:

I think that’s where the polish suffer somewhat Orys, most people call all the east europeans “polish” and can’t differentiate between them all