Matthews international transport

Does anyone out there know anything at all about
Matthews int transport from Great Yarmouth?

Money paid,?
what trucks they run on Euro trips/,
time expected to be away,?
where do they frequent most in Europe?

Any info would be gratefully received. :question: [

chrismac:
Matthews int transport from Great Yarmouth?

Money paid,?
time expected to be away,?

:laughing: << that should answer all your questions!

There’s a half-arsed website at matthewstransport.co.uk/pages/home.html which hasn’t been updated for four years. I have seen them in Spain and Germany but I don’t know where else they run to. Fridge work has never really been my thing personally.

It used to be run by Clever Trevor ( Maffewwzz.) & they are from Gt. Yarmouth. I hope this helps…? :laughing: Tight as nits ,so I heard on the tube the other day . But I think they are alright.

I thought it was summat to do with BERNARD Matthews and that those fridge trailers were full of TURKEY ROASTS??!■■?!?!!! :astonished: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :open_mouth:

i was talking to one of there guys at CASTETS a while ago, he reckons there ok to work for. they apparantly place a motor where the driver lives,and you rarely see there yard, taking the motor home on time off and even holidays. so this guy said any way.
the money talked about was on a par with most and he was happy, being there for over 7 yrs.he also said there mainly full shutes, no multi drop.same with backloads. thats all i can remember of the conversation as we were onto our 4th jug of ale.

I am glad its improved…Before they had to go to the yard for everything…even to top up with oil.

I Know they used to pay 100 Euro’s a day all in(Inc Nights Out) :open_mouth:

They go anywhere and everywhere, have a place in Hungary too.

All i have ever seen of there’s abroad is XF’s and Globetrotters

£ 67 @ day…? I heard they were tight!! :open_mouth:
( I guess thats for a five hour day…? )

Thats going back a couple of years mind, got talking to one of their drivers in St.Louis and he was moaning like ■■■■ about the wages and the firm.

Trevor ( Really Tight ) made his wife sign a pre-nup before he married her…That was 20 yrs ago. But thats only what I overheard in a pub… :laughing:

they have a depot in worksop,which just about sums them up.

They have just lost a big contract on fridge work ,employ a lot of drivers from hungary, who are now working out of felixstowe on containers and N Line and have just layed off about 40 drivers , i wouldnt bother!!!

Why does that not surprise me…?

I see their units about parked all over - 3 at a weekend just outside Barnard Castle but always on dutch plates

The Biker:
I see their units about parked all over - 3 at a weekend just outside Barnard Castle but always on dutch plates

Quite a few large companies who have a few depots dotted around Europe have locally registered wagons. Although they also, frequently, employ local drivers, don’t take it as read that a Dutch registered wagon will have a Dutch driver. The driver could just as easily be a Brit’, or a Pole come to that. Grampian and Curries International are two such companies that spring to mind (among many others), who do this.

harry:
It used to be run by Clever Trevor ( Maffewwzz.) & they are from Gt. Yarmouth. I hope this helps…? :laughing: Tight as nits ,so I heard on the tube the other day . But I think they are alright.

Unless you die when abroad

focusdiy:

harry:

Different company!

GORDON 50:

focusdiy:

harry:

Different company!

Really? How many companies are called Matthews International Transport in Yarmouth?

focusdiy:

A completely pointless revival of a 10 year old topic. :open_mouth:

The current discussion is here:

Get a Trucker home, Paul Stephen Stanyard - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

I’ve locked this one to keep the discussion all in one place.