. . and stand well back!

Let’s see if some of these strike a chord. . . . .

We all have our ‘pet hates’ and the culprits are virtually always in cars (and, no, I’m NOT saying that all lorry drivers are saints, either!)

So, in no particular order. . . . . . .

Roundabouts. Learn how to use them; for heaven’s sake – it’s not rocket science – and, unfortunately, I’m not flipping psychic either! Grrr.

. . . . and, talking about psychic, indicators are wonderful things!! Double Grrr.

A couple which are (I suspect) ‘tourism areas’ specific: -

People (a.k.a selfish gits) who drive along on main (A) roads at 20 mph – because they are admiring the scenery – and are totally oblivious to the hundreds of irate drivers in the two-mile long tail back behind them.
Personally I think shooting is too good for them

People who park in the MIDDLE of a parking place: there’s not quite enough room for you to get in behind them, and you certainly can’t get in in front of them… and you can bet your bottom dollar they’re not going to move for you. Inconsiderate planks.

Finally, my own personal bug bear:-

You’re doing a delivery and spend five minutes manoeuvring round parked cars and the like (for ‘parked’, read ‘abandoned’) until you eventually get the wagon to where it needs to be. You park up, turn off the engine and go round up onto the trailer and are doing whatever, when a car driver – who you’ve seen sitting in their car and watching the whole time – sticks their head in the back and asks you to move the lorry (and it invariably has to be NOW!) … and gets stroppy (at best) or, often, abusive when you refuse!
Grrr doesn’t even enter into it!!

Any other contributions?

(… and DUCK!! :smiley: :smiley: )

dicks who work for the same company on the same job that wont speak on the cb to pass secret messages on , that park in the middle of the narrow gravel haul road side by side in a sandstorm so bad that you can hardly see the “dog on the hood” ,not forgetting to make sure they are in a dip in the road surrounded by gumbo on either side. THEN they have the nerve to complain when you scratch their trailer while writing your wagon off avoiding them.!!B#########s. jimmy :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Night shift Agency drivers who think they know it all!!! :unamused: :unamused:

tango boy:

The same drivers who do a full shift with coupling light switched on at the back of the cab,even though it lighting the front of the trl up and theres a symbol on the dash lit up all shift,the same drivers who spend most of the time with the arse end of the unit up in the air[like a dragster]because they dont lower the suspension down :unamused: :smiling_imp:

seth 70:

tango boy:

The same drivers who do a full shift with coupling light switched on at the back of the cab,even though it lighting the front of the trl up and theres a symbol on the dash lit up all shift,the same drivers who spend most of the time with the arse end of the unit up in the air[like a dragster]because they dont lower the suspension down :unamused: :smiling_imp:

PMSL At those idiots :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

seth 70:

tango boy:

Don’t forget driving in their tabards all day :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hey all, long time looker, first time poster. Thought I’d start with one of my favourite subjects!
Now. . . As above with people not indicating on roundabouts and banging on the horn when you are easing out as they are in the left lane turning right, second, as I recently finished doing skip work, it annoyed the hell out of me when people park in the turning areas in cul de sacs and watch through the window as you struggle round parked cars, same applies with mother’s in their brat carriers who double park in a road which leaves me unable to get into said road! It’s a good job I ain’t an ambulance or fire engine!
Finally, as I don’t want to go on all night, it annoys me when I am trying to pull out of a junction on a busy road and when a gap finally presents itself, some tart in a merc or BMW ( :imp: ) see me waiting to pull out so decide to drop the hammer so I have to wait again so they ain’t behind a lorry, bearing in mind a duel track is about 300 yards down the road!

How about the times I have step frame, pulled out an extra 5 foot, plus a 9 foot overhang, I am 12 foot wide, 16 foot high, have 6 beacons on the front - a wide load sign, an ■■■■■■ ahead with 12 flashing beacons and 2 large signs saying ‘wide load approaching’,

and I enter the clear roundabout, I am halfway across & a Numpty in a BMW comes flying onto the roundabout, screaches round towards me & leans on the horn !!!

what does he think, by honking his hooter that the whole rig is just going to vanish into thin air ■■?

Tango boy-do one

I think a lot of motorists think that it is an “Invasion of Privacy” if they are required to use indicators.

After all; an awful lorry-driver might know where they are going and they wouldn’t want that.

Minger:
Tango boy-do one

are you by any chance a night-shift agency driver? :smiley:

Being sworn at for being in foreign LHD wagon in a 7.5t “except for access” area. I got the finger and a mouthed “wtf” today. But… people need to move house. :confused:

I wonder sometimes if it would help if we had “removals” in English, French and German on the front of the wagons.

tango boy:

tango boy:

seth 70:

tango boy:

Don’t forget driving in their tabards all day :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Are these the same planks that park in Motorway service areas blocking the access to the car/van etc petrol/fuel pumps ■■
The same fuel pumps that clearly have a sign above saying “No LGV/HGV Parking in this area” & "No LGV`s beyond this point " :imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: ggrrrrrrrr lol . :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ah the horn blowers on roundabouts, there’s an excellent way to deal with them.

Soon as the horn blows stop dead where you are, and look around everywhere expect where the noise is coming from, the more the hooting the more intense you are peering the other way looking for the danger, do not under any circumstances look at them or acknowledge them in any way at all.

When they eventually shut up and you can start moving again, really slowly in case there’s something coming, continue looking all around and shrug your shoulders at being unable to see what the problem was…they’ll be a shade of purple you’d think it was impossible for a human to reach.

I,d like to nominate the driver who hooked up his trailer at the garage and did his tug test by dragging the trailer 10 foot forward bending the landing legs, watches him write out defect note then take it into garage, 1 unhappy mechanic comes out shaking his head. Reason why the trailer was at the garage was to have a new set of landing legs fitted after a driver forgot to wind em up and bent the last set

Minger:
Tango boy-do one

Can tango have his hook back? :laughing:

Tango boy-do one

lmao…Watch ya back Tango’s looks like newbie’s trying to give you a b i t c h slap…

Swampey2418:

Tango boy-do one

lmao…Watch ya back Tango’s looks like newbie’s trying to give you a b i t c h slap…

It’s fine :wink: :wink:

Roundabouts- everything to do with them from people not signalling to those with a death wish going on inside of you or outside of you in your blind spot.

Truckers or coach drivers that cut your nose off when overtaking because of unnessary pressure of cars behind them, I’ll flash you once clear of me and I have sufficient braking space.

Car drivers who cut into your braking space as you approach queues etc.

Car drivers who speed up when your overtaking them

Car drivers who don’t switch on lights at night.

Myself when I make an error of judgement or mess up a reverse.

Cars with their side mirrors folded in.Great observation for a motorcyclist overtaking.
Baby on board stickers, why ?
Powred by fairy dust stickers, why ?
Pensioners that have no clue how to drive their car or off roader, as they have a powerful engine but will never use it to it’s full potential.
,Crane drivers that flash me and I have passed them 100,s of metres ago.
I’m doing 56, he is doing 30.
Lorry drivers that refuse to wear seat belts, unless they have a medical reason.
Driver’s on their mobile phones and don’t even try to conceal it.
I saw three ladies in the cab of a horsebox lorry.
The driver on her mobile, with two passengers that could have took the call on speaker phone.