alconbury

Coming up m11 today I saw a sign saying it’s open 24/7 but was too late to slow down and pull in. As anyone been yet, does it have the same facilities as before, how much?

Interesting, it was still derelict last Sunday, and I didn’t see any sign indicating that it would be opening but a lot can happen in a week.

There were plans to develop it, but with house prices down over 20% from peak and expected to fall by a further 30% or more, and with land values down by over 60% already, I guess that little plan is out of the window.

I think there is still a sign up from years ago ? Not heard about it re-opening

fuel pumps are supposely open and a little snack cabin but thats about all i think at the moment, think they sorting inside out as its supposely a bit of a mess, just hope they can make ot like the old BP days instead of the usless niteowl change over as it went down hill even faster i think then

At the mo it’s open for parking £10 per night, truckshop, fuel, small snack bar and a single toilet! The guy in the truckshop recons the main toilets and showers will be up and running within a few weeks.
When night owl closed down they ripped everything out they could sell because it was supposed to be demolished.

Harry Monk:
There were plans to develop it, but with house prices down over 20% from peak and expected to fall by a further 30% or more, and with land values down by over 60% already, I guess that little plan is out of the window.

I think there was that much hoo haa about the closing that the Council refused change of use after being lobbied by a number of transport groups including the PDA, I’m sure one of those members will be able to confirm that?

I last heard that it was going to reopen once a new tenant could be found but the rent being asked was extortionate, maybe they’ve finally seen sense and reduced the rent for the place?

Mr B:
At the mo it’s open for parking £10 per night, truckshop, fuel, small snack bar and a single toilet! The guy in the truckshop recons the main toilets and showers will be up and running within a few weeks.
When night owl closed down they ripped everything out they could sell because it was supposed to be demolished.

so most of it is still in there then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it used to be good place to meet up as its location was bang for the work we did. but it was a dump. well to fair it wasnt a dump but it badly needed renovation and it was still exactly the same as when it opened roundabout 1988ish.