Alconbury to re-open

The Heys Group and Truckin World have purchased the site in a multi million pound deal and plan to refurbish and extend the facilities.

The site is expected to open in early 2009, firstly the truck wash and refueling, followed by the shop, service area and petrol station.

good news! is it offical though they have been rumours for months

TFF that ! :smiley:

Hope they stick some filler in them 'oles though, :laughing:

Not much use to me atm, but welcome nonetheless, imagine my embarrassment when I turned up there one night last year with 15 minutes drivetime remaining :blush: :unamused: , ended up at Brampton Hut :frowning: .

you got a space at Brampton Hut !!!

Yep :laughing:

Great news for the area…

Deepinvet:
Great news for the area…

Indeed, its in a very useful geographic location.

didnt realise that was closed before, on a run to wisbech and needed fuel on a Key fuels card looked in my book and thought bargin, lol pulled off at the junction and darn it.

Can any one guess which goverment agency will probably be lurking around it when it re-opens :question: :exclamation: :sunglasses: :wink:

Lets just hope they keep the costs realistic. Maybe as a group we should compile a list of stuff we’d like to see/not see? Then forward it to the developers? Don’t ask, don’t get.

pecjam23:
Can any one guess which goverment agency will probably be lurking around it when it re-opens :question: :exclamation: :sunglasses: :wink:

Virtually
One
Sensible
Answer

to your question :laughing:

give the illegals somewhare to jump out of trailers i suppose :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I drove past there today and they have started work on the fuel station. Its about time it reopened and gave us more areas to park.

No doubt it will cost an absolute fortune though!!

lets hope they do away with the silly open plan and make it more cozy like it was before they took all the doors of the restraunt and made it open plan food was even colder then!!

It would be nice to see them set their prices realistically,with an eye on the latest news that we are now “officially” in recession ! :wink:

Used to regularly use Alconbury dont get up that way much now though

Not too fussed on the price of the food as I don’t eat out often, but if I did as long as it’s good quality, then the price should reflect it. Even if I get a Bad 99p burger I will moan and take it back. What I don’t like is paying for CRAP food, quantity is not an issue it’s the quality.
The showers should have a full time attendant cleaning each shower as it’s used.
The Filling station should take all cards, loads of other 'realistic ’ things but too manty to mention.
But it is great news for us all that Alconbury is to reopen…

Deepinvet:
Not too fussed on the price of the food as I don’t eat out often, but if I did as long as it’s good quality, then the price should reflect it. Even if I get a Bad 99p burger I will moan and take it back. What I don’t like is paying for CRAP food, quantity is not an issue it’s the quality.
The showers should have a full time attendant cleaning each shower as it’s used.
The Filling station should take all cards, loads of other 'realistic ’ things but too manty to mention.
But it is great news for us all that Alconbury is to reopen…

as it’s used :question: :question: :open_mouth: :astonished: :wink: :wink:

"Oh dont mind me honey i’m just cleaning your shower while you use it, want me to scrub your back :?: " :wink: :wink:

sorry :blush: :blush: :blush: coat, hat, TAXI.