Night owl at Wolverhampton - closing down

After a failed planning application to build new warehouse and industrial units at the Wolverhampton Nightowl truckstop.
Announcement in todays local paper that the site is to close down within the next week !!! Loss of 26 jobs…

wolverhampton truckstop to stay open

i heard a rumour that alconbury is supposed to be reopening because the land can only be used as a truckstop somethin to do with a contract goin back to the pre bp day’s

dunno how true it is though

dodger1974:
wolverhampton truckstop to stay open

Is that a fact statement or a wish ■■?
There is a mention of someone wanting to buy the site but would Nightowl sell ?
Lets wait and see…

Night Owl don’t OWN it :roll:

It’s Night Owls landlords who have given them notice to quit and also the landlords who have had their application for planning permission turned down.

Alconbury was exactly the same but the remaining Night Owl sites ARE owned by Night Owl and are NOT under threat at all.

bloodoodle

thats what it says on truck news planning application failed and the old bill didnt want it closed either cause them to much hassle i suppose

it shut now and the industrial estate on the opposite side of the island has installed bollards on the pavement edge and big concrete barriers on the road to stop trucks parking there

jon

jonboy:
it shut now and the industrial estate on the opposite side of the island has installed bollards on the pavement edge and big concrete barriers on the road to stop trucks parking there

jon

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I went past Wolverhampton truckstop the other week and the entrance was steel fenced off.