Agency rates

Hi all, I have just found the site and registered which considering I am a major technophobic one fingered typist was remarkably easy,well done trucknet. Been reading through some old threads which have been most interesting and one from today quite lively too say the least. I have in the past done agency work which in my neck of the woods pays around £8 an hour. I have often wondered with the agency paying me £8,how much do they charge the customer? Anyone have any idea? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: [/b]

Up here in East Yorkshire, paying an agency employee an average of £7/hr they’ll charge the client around £12 basic and £18 overtime.

sorry no isea what the agengy charge :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

welcome to the mad house :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:slight_smile: Hello Mike, Welcome to TruckNet.

I’d say if you’re getting £8, then the agency would be charging the client around £13 or £14. There are many agency bosses who have become millionaires in the last few years, on the backs of hard working folk - only my own opinion but I’m sure many others feel the same. :wink:
Take a look in your own local yellow pages under ‘Employment Agencies’ -those half and full page block advertisements are far from cheap. :sunglasses:

Enjoy !

My agency normally charge the customer £15ph class 2 or £17ph class 1 with overtime at time and a half. I once worked for an agency that charged time and a half for overtime but paid time and a quarter to the driver. Only found out after an irate customer showed me his bill :unamused:

I saw the list of agencies and what they charge left out in the office about a year or eighteen months ago. They seemed to charge CVL between £9.50-£10 an hour (for class 2, bear in mind) and of that were paying the drivers £6.50-£7 an hour. Which, if you consider that one agency may have six drivers at CVL for the week, all doing 40 hours plus five hours o/t each, makes a tidy £855 for the agency after the lads have been paid!

Hi and welcome to TruckNet UK Mike G :smiley:

I was chatting to someone this year who has a handful of his own wagons and he asked me what I could expect to earn per hour as a driver,this is west London, when on the agency. I told him a class 2 driver would look for £9 basic or thereabouts. He said he was charged £900 for 52 hours for a class 2 :open_mouth: