Agency driving in the north west?

Hi all, it’s been a while since I last posted (I’ve been lurking though, from time to time) - in fact, the last time was on the old boards so I’ve had to re-register.
Back then I’d not long got my Cat C license. I’ve since passed my Cat C+E back in Nov’03 and I landed a full-time job on bulk tippers last year in NE lancs. I worked there for about 8 months and then got invited out to Canada for a long holiday with my cousin who lives over there.
Well I’ve been back for a week or two now and I’m looking for work again.
I’d like a change from tipping so I’m thinking of agency work - wider experience, ease back into driving after a long break, etc. There are a few firms in my area I’d like to work for, I think :wink: , but I know next to nothing about what they’re like to work for, so an agency is probably the best way forward for me. (I think).
I was signed up for weekend work with Driver Hire after getting my Cat C license in 2003 but I only did about 3 jobs for them while working full time in an office.
Looking forward to getting back on the road again but the truth is, I’m nervous again :wink: - I still consider myself a newbie as all I’ve driven is the odd rigid and bulk tippers.
Can anyone recommend a good agency in NE Lancs or possibly the Preston area?

I can’t Astronut, but Welcome TO TrucknetUk. I’m sure ther’ll be someone in you neck of the woods who will :wink:.

Hi there mate
Best connection in bolton was a cracking agency to work for but you need to watch the rates as they were advertising three diferent ones when i worked for them i think they where for class 2 £6.00, £6.50 and £8.15 so make sure they start you on the top rate and its the usual time and half after 8 and time and half on saturdays and double time sundays and they guarantee 8 hours a day but if you do any overtime they dock you 45 mins from it for meal break

simon

Welcome Astronut! suggest you read the legthy thread on Agency Black lists before going any further, fore warned is fore armed.

Good luck with the job hunting.

Welcome to Trucknet UK Astronut and good
luck with the agency work :smiley: .

welcome back m8 :wink: