Agencies who you rate in the East Midlands

I am after a bit of advice regarding agencies who WILL use self-employed HGV drivers, I have come up against a brick wall with some of the big names in this field of work, who point blank refuse to use S/E Drivers…

They all use the same spiel, about previous cowboy drivers who ripped them off and left a trail of tax debts ect.

I have been in business nearly 6 months, and I have done pretty well, very few blank days, and I`ve managed to keep working for the whole of February, which I was not expecting.

I need a couple more customers [agencies], and I`ll be well away for the rest of the year. I have tried to get some of my own customers, with varying degrees of success, I just find it easier to work sub-contract with people who are after drivers who are willing to get on with the job.

Many thanks in anticipation…

I work with a chap who is doing this through a agency called LSG 4 drivers based in leicester ,the last time i spoke to him about it he mentioned they may be stopping this but im not too sure,there is also jt recruitment based in loughborough (also in derby)a chap called stuart is very helpful not sure if they do s/e but may be worth a call hth :smiley:
si

Funnily enough, Ive e-mailed LSG 4 Drivers today at their Stapleford office, Ive not had a response as yet.

JT @ Loughboro, Ill drop them a line, a lot of their work is British Gypsum / DHL I think, from what ive been told by other drivers.

I have 3 agencies who I work for, so why is it OK for them, and not for others ?.

I have paperwork from HMRC, which show my N.I. contributions are paid upto date, my accountant cannot understand the situation either, and has offered to write to the companies concerned, I nipped that in the bud, as I don`t want any big invoices from him, for his handy work.

I just want a couple more “good guys” to add to my portfolio of customers.